An Additional Handling charge will be assessed for any package that requires special handling, as determined by UPS in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to:
- Length – Any package with the longest side exceeding 48 inches.
- Width – Any package with its second-longest side exceeding 30 inches.
- Weight –
- Any package with an actual weight of more than 70 pounds.
- Each package in a shipment where the average weight per package is greater than 70 pounds and the weight for each package is not specified on the source document or the UPS automated shipping system used.
- Packaging –
- Any article that is not fully encased in corrugated cardboard, including but not limited to metal, wood, hard plastic, soft plastic (e.g., plastic bag) or expanded polystyrene foam (e.g., styrofoam).
- Any cylindrical-like item, such as a barrel, drum, pail or tire, that is not fully encased in a corrugated cardboard shipping container.
Will not be assessed when a Large Package Surcharge is applied.