From life-saving medical delivery speed to cutting-edge consumer technology, we’re making history with the first fully-certified drone airline. How can you be a part of this new frontier?
Our drone airline is the first to receive full Part 135 certification from the Federal Aviation Administration, and we’re flying fast toward new innovations and great customer experiences. We’re the first to fly commercial drone deliveries outside the visual line of sight—and that opens up a whole new world of speed, convenience, safety, and better patient outcomes.
Imagine the possibilities: from rapid transport of life-saving medical supplies, to accelerated door-to-door delivery of an online shopper’s holiday presents. Right now, we’re working to:
• Expand drone delivery service to new hospitals and campus environments around the country
• Add new services including residential and commercial drone deliveries
• Partner with drone manufacturers to build drone hardware and software
• Hire for all positions including management, drone pilots and repair technicians, engineering, IT, and more (Note: For pilots, we currently require Commercial Pilot certificate and Part 107 certificate)
• Keep safety at the heart of everything we do, with air and ground-based, detect-and-avoid technology
We’re just getting started. Want to learn how to be a part of the UPS Flight Forward vision?
What is Part 135?
The FAA’s Part 135 Standard certification is the highest level of certification for a drone airline, with no limits on the size or scope of operations. UPS is the first company with this certification. With it, UPS Flight Forward drones can fly:
• Out of the operator’s line of sight (with appropriate approvals)
• Over people
• With cargo weighing more than 55 pounds
• At night
UPS has tested launching drones from the top of package delivery vehicles in residential areas. The goal: creating more efficient delivery in rural areas—with a drone flying autonomously to a home, delivering a package, and returning to the vehicle, all while the delivery driver continues along the route.