Before you can ship dangerous goods with UPS, you must review and certify compliance with the Dangerous Goods Agreement Checklist. If you have questions about government regulations for the transportation and delivery of these items, please call the UPS Hazardous Materials Support Center at 1-800-554-9964. Please print a copy of this checklist for your reference.
- I confirm that I have read, understood, and am bound by the UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials, the UPS Guide for Shipping International Dangerous Goods, and the UPS Terms and Conditions of Service.
- I will comply with all applicable regulatory requirements when shipping hazardous materials, including those in Tile 49 of the Code of Federal Regulations (49 CFR), the International Civil Aviation Organization Technical Instructions, and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- I will ensure that all hazardous-materials shipments will be properly classified, packaged, marked, and labeled--and understand that my failure to do so could result in fines, penalties, or other claims.
- I understand that UPS may refuse, return, or properly dispose of my hazardous-materials shipments if UPS determines them to be improperly prepared.
- I confirm that all employees involved in preparation of a hazardous-materials shipments to be handled by UPS are properly trained under the requirements of 49 CFR and applicable provisions of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations. If requested, I will provide proof of this training.
- I acknowledge that UPS has the right to suspend, cancel and/or terminate the transportation of hazardous materials if my organization fails to comply with the provisions in this checklist or in the UPS Terms and Conditions of Service.
- I understand that UPS's dangerous goods service only covers certain commodities to approved destinations. I agree to only submit UPS-accepted commodities for delivery to these locations.
- I will process all hazardous-material shipments through WorldShip® or a comparable third-party shipping system that provides UPS with the required electronic information.
UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials
UPS Terms and Conditions of Service
View Approved Destinations
View UPS Compliant Shipping SystemsOpen the link in a new window