If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain UPS affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please contact us by e-mail using the E-mail Application.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You also may write to us at:
UPS Corporate Headquarters
Attention: Global Privacy Manager
55 Glenlake Parkway, NE
Atlanta, GA 30328
See UPS's Privacy Notice.
Personal Information We Collect about California Consumers
We describe the personal information we have collected about consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of our Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, “Information We Obtain.” The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, physical address, email address, username, password and other credentials used to access UPS products and services, social media handles, and, when you visit our websites, use our apps or interact with UPS-related tools, widgets or plug-ins, Internet Protocol address and unique device identifier.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” (2) signature, (3) telephone number, (4) payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers), and (5) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Obtain.”
- Commercial information, including (1) records of services purchased or received from UPS, (2) information provided to us regarding the content of certain shipments, but only to the extent an identifiable person can be linked to such content, (3) information on actions taken on UPS websites or mobile apps, which may include information about UPS services considered, and (4) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with UPS websites and mobile apps, and UPS advertisements that we display on UPS websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service and accounting centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
- Professional or employment-related information in the form of business contact information such as name, company name, physical address and email address and telephone or fax number.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, or interact with UPS-related tools, widgets or plug-ins or our official social media pages, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.
We collect this personal information from sources including yourself directly and others (e.g., ecommerce retailers) whom you instruct to interact with us on your behalf, shippers, consignees and other customers, including customers of our forwarding and logistics services, public databases, social networks, and third party partners such as analytics or marketing providers. For more information, please see “Information We Obtain.”
Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
We have disclosed email addresses of certain customers of UPS for monetary or other valuable consideration within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of our Privacy Notice to customers who purchase shipping services from UPS and business partners who support UPS transportation operations, such as business partners at which UPS has located Access Point lockers. As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet Web sites, we may also have disclosed certain identifiers, information about the use of our websites and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners for monetary or other valuable consideration. These disclosures may qualify as “sales” of personal information under California law.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this notice for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Information We Share.”
We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to business or third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration as a “sale” under California law, without affirmative authorization.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Access and Right to Know regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected from you.
For requests made in connection with the Right of Access, Right to Know, and/or Right of Deletion, please note:
- as required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, we may require you to provide your name, physical address, email address, contact information, and information about your account or previous transactions with us. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with UPS, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. To opt-out, click Do Not Sell My Personal Information.
To opt out of the collection of personal information by certain of our social media, advertising, and analytics partners, you can also visit the following sites:
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to UPS by your personal information.
Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Submitting a request through the UPS E-mail Application
- Calling us toll-free at 888-912-9055.
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us via the information provided in the “How to Contact Us” section below to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, we may, as permitted by law, require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.