How to Integrate UPS APIs
Ready to implement a customized integration of UPS APIs for your specific systems, platforms and software? Then you've come to the right place.
Please Note: Customization requires expertise and resources, and only programmers who are knowledgeable in XML/Web Service coding are qualified to integrate the UPS APIs. To ensure your business system or website is properly programmed and integrated, it's recommended that a member of your Information Technology (IT) department or a qualified Third-Party Integrator handle the process to implement, program, test, and certify any UPS functionality.
The process for integrating the APIs is the same for all developers, as described in the step-by-step instructions below.
- Implement: To ensure our API will work with your specific systems, be sure to conduct these preliminary tasks. Prior to downloading Developer API kits, you’ll need to sign up for UPS.com.
- First, review the requirements for each API carefully at the UPS Developer Kit page at UPS.com.
- Second, download the Software Developer Kit (SDK) and carefully review the entire Developer Guide for the API you plan to integrate. The Developer Kit also includes sample code and WSDLs.
- Third, request an Access Key.
- Test: UPS provides a testing environment that will allow you to simulate live-request and response messaging to ensure you have properly formatted your XML or Web Service requests.
- Move to Production: Customer Integration Environment (CIE) and production access approval are granted when you request an Access Key. Once your application has been thoroughly tested, you can begin using the production environment.
- Get Technical Support: Call 800-247-9035.