The information recorded on the Invoice will be used for customs clearance and the assessment of any applicable duty and tax charged by the destination country.
Please enter the following information:
1. Enter the full Name and Address of the shipper (typically known as the exporter) in Shipper Information
o Insure the Name and Telephone number of the contact person are included.
o Enter the Tax ID or VAT number if applicable.
2. Enter the full Name and Address of the consignee in Ship To.
o Include the Destination Country, Province/Territory, and Postal Code.
o To insure prompt clearance and delivery, you must include the Name and Telephone number of the contact person.
o Include the Tax ID or VAT number of the receiver/consignee if applicable. You can include this number in your return packet or on the package label.
3. Enter the Date.
4. Enter the Purchase Order, Invoice, or Return Authorization number if applicable (review documentation included with the return packet from the returns provider).
5. Enter the Terms of Sale (Incoterm) that defines the charges included in the total value on the invoice. Examples include, Cost and Freight (CFR) and Cost, Insurance, and Freight (CIF)
6. Enter the Reason for Export. Examples include, Repair, Return, Wrong Size, Return for Evaluation, Sale, and Temporary Import.
7. Leave Sold To: blank.
8. Enter a complete Description and Value of contents for each separate item or commodity. Avoid general terms such as "parts", "samples", or "clothing". The individual descriptions should clearly indicate what the item is, what it is made of, and what it is used for.
Include the following for each item:No. Units: Number of items of each commodity
o Units of Measure: Examples include, each, dozen, and cases
o Harmonized Tariff Code: Classification of each commodity. Enter if known or available.
o Country of Origin: Country in which the commodity was manufactured.
o Unit Value: Monetary amount specifying the worth or price of each commodity. For samples or articles of no commercial value, you must state a nominal or fair market value for customs purposes.
o Total Value: Sum of No. Units times Unit Value.
o Currency of Settlement: Example of currencies include USD = U.S. Dollar, EUR = Euro, and CAD = Canadian Dollar
9. Enter Additional Comments if necessary. This is extra information about the commodity. Some example comments to identify special conditions that can apply are "item is being returned for repair, and the value is for Customs purposes only" or "the item is being imported temporarily".
10. Enter a Declaration Statement. This is a legal explanation needed by the U.S. on the invoice for commodities that require a license, license exemption, or exception. We recommend that you record the statement on your invoice for all commodities.
11. Enter the Invoice Line Total. This is the sum of each invoice line above.
12. Enter a Discount or Rebate if applicable. This is the amount subtracted from the sum of the total value.
13. Enter Freight or Transportation charges if known. This is the cost to transport commodities. If included in the total invoice amount, enter INCLUDED. Otherwise, leave blank
14. Enter Insurance charges if known. This is the amount paid to cover replacement costs. If included in the total invoice amount, enter INCLUDED. Otherwise, leave blank.
15. Enter Other charges or accessorials if known.
16. Enter the Invoice Total Amount. This is the sum of all amounts
17. Provide the Signature and Title of the shipper and the Date signed. This information is required for all international shipments.
18. Enter the Total Number of Packages in this shipment.
19. Enter the Total Weight of all packages in this shipment. You must specify total weight in kilograms or pounds.
20. Include one original invoice and two copies of the invoice with the returned shipment.
21. Sign the invoice and shipping label
UPS tracking solutions show the progress of your shipment every step of the way, across town or around the world.
With shipping locations around the globe and around the corner, UPS makes it easier to find reliable shipping.