Rather than manually modifying individual users, an administrator can export user information to a file and modify multiple records. The modified file can then be imported back into UPS CampusShip.
- To export user information, select Manage Users in the area at the left, and then select Export Users. A user search screen displays.
- Enter a location name to retrieve all users assigned to a location. If you are unsure of the location spelling, select Search to find and select the location name. Optionally, enter a name or phrase to filter the search results for a location. For example, to retrieve all users named Smith from Location X, enter "Smith" in the search field, and location X in the location name field.
- Select one or more users from the results. To create your export users file request, select Export Data. Optionally, you may select View Selections if you have many selections and wish to see a consolidated list of your selections. To create your export users file request, select Export Data.
Note: Result sets can fill several pages. To navigate through a long list of results, use the Next and Previous links.
Export File Status
After creating your export file request, a screen displays allowing you to check the status of your export request.
Export File Request Status can include:
- In Progress: This indicates that an export request is being processed and will complete momentarily, depending on size. To view the latest status, refresh the page.
- Completed: Displays a link to View Data.
- Completed with Errors: Displays links to View Data and View Errors.
- Failed: Displays a link to View Errors.
To check the status of other export activities, select Show All, Location Export Only, User Export Only, Address Export Only, or Reference Number Export Only from the drop-down list for Sort Status Table By.