The latest version of WorldShip is now available for download. Read below for the latest product enhancements and service updates. To download the latest version, please visit Download WorldShip.
If you are upgrading your operating system or are moving your WorldShip installation to a new computer, we recommend that you install the latest version of WorldShip. If you need help installing WorldShip, see our guides explaining how to back up your data and complete the installation: How to Move WorldShip to a New PC and Installing/Upgrading WorldShip.
Download Now requires you to log in.
- Expanded origins and destinations for UPS Premier® parcels
- New supported origins and destinations: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England (UK), Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Wales
- RS1 and RS3 Returns/Import Control will no longer be available for UPS Premier shipments between the US and Puerto Rico.
- For more information about UPS Premier, visit ups.com: https://www.ups.com/jp/en/healthcare/solutions/ups-premier.page
- New Denied Party Screening feature for processing your export shipments
- WorldShip will alert you during shipment processing when the receiver is considered a denied party.
- Addition of Saturday delivery options for UPS Standard service in Europe
- Users can create UPS Standard shipments with Saturday Delivery within Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Belgium and the United Kingdom.
- More options for shipping International Special Commodities (ISC) – E-Cig and CBD/Hemp
- When shipping ISC with the proper contract services enabled, the shipper will now see the options for E-Cigarettes and Hemp/CBD in the ISC Types for Int’l Special Commodity option.
Using Quantum View Notify in WorldShip you can provide up to five recipients with an email notification detailing the status of a shipment or parcel. There are three types of notification that you can add to a parcel or shipment:
- Shipment Notification – Alert the recipient when UPS receives the parcel or shipment information
- Delivery Notification – Alert the recipient about the delivery of a shipment, including the date, time and name of the recipient
- Exception Notification – Alert the recipient when a delivery date has been rescheduled. In multi-piece shipments, recipient(s) receive one email per parcel with an exception
To use this feature, Select Quantum View Notify in the Options or the Shipments tab in the main Shipping Window, click the Recipients button to specify recipients, type of notification and add a memo if desired. For more information, see Request QVN Notification in WorldShip Guide.