Your package is still within the UPS network and, unless otherwise noted, should be delivered on the scheduled delivery date. Shipment movement information is captured each time a tracking label is scanned in the UPS delivery system. There may be several days between scans if the shipment is going cross-country or moving between countries or territories.
Common scans include the following:
- Arrival Scan: The shipment has arrived at a UPS facility.
- Delivered: The shipment has reached its destination, and the date and time of delivery have been recorded. In the U.S. and Canada, residential deliveries that do not require a signature may be left in a safe place, out of sight and out of weather. This could include the front porch, side door, back porch, or garage area. If you have instructed the driver to leave the shipment with a neighbour or leasing office, the driver will leave a UPS InfoNotice® at the delivery address.
- Departure Scan: The shipment has departed a UPS facility and is on its way to the next UPS facility. The shipment is moving; however, there may be several days between scans if the shipment is going cross-country or moving between countries or territories.
- Destination Scan: The shipment has arrived at the local UPS facility responsible for final delivery.
- Exception: Action Required: The shipment is currently within the UPS network; however, more information regarding the delivery address is needed. The sender must provide the correct shipping address information to UPS.
- Export Scan: The shipment has cleared export procedures in the origin country.
- Given to Post Office for Delivery: At the request of the sender, UPS has given the package to the U.S. Postal Service to make the final delivery. This contractual service may require an additional one to two days for delivery.
- Import Scan: The shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country.
- Order Processed; In Transit to UPS: The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.
- Order Processed; Ready for UPS: UPS has received the electronic transmission of the shipment details and billing information for this shipment from the sender. Once the shipment is moving within the UPS network, the tracking status will be updated.
- Origin Scan: UPS has received the shipment.
- On Vehicle for Delivery: The shipment has reached the local UPS facility responsible for delivery and has been dispatched to a UPS driver. Other than time-definite air deliveries, shipments are generally delivered anytime between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (and sometimes later) to residences, and by close of business for commercial addresses. UPS cannot schedule a specific delivery time within that window. Up to three delivery attempts will be made, excluding weekends and holidays.