In addition to the commodities which UPS prohibits to all countries or territories served (listed here), it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Vietnam.
- Import of Alcoholic beverages into Vietnam is not permitted.
- Ammunitions and explosives are prohibited.
- Shipments of calendars are subject to censorship. Bikini swimsuit calendars are prohibited.
The following are guidelines from the Ministry of Culture and Information for importing gift shipments of calendars published in foreign countries or territories:
- The Cultural Division must inspect calendars for content.
- Import of foreign calendars for commercial purposes is prohibited.
Acceptable quantities are as follows:
- Maximum of 400 for foreign office, economic organization, and foreign representation offices
- Maximum of 200 for Vietnamese offices and economic / social organizations
- Maximum of 50 for foreign individuals, overseas Vietnamese, and Vietnamese citizens studying and working abroad
- Vietnamese overseas relatives cannot send more than 50 calendars per address via the post office.
Permission and a license from the Ministry of Culture are required to exceed the allowable limit.
- Used shipments are prohibited and are not allowed to be imported.
Commercial shipments will require import license. This includes shipments with more than (1) cell phone.
- Shipments of used clothing are prohibited.
Shipments of clothing (more than 2 pieces) and Textiles with length of over 25m are subjected to Formaldehyde testing. A testing fee will be incurred. Expect delay of between 3 to 5 days.
- Includes the following (this is not all inclusive and only a guideline): Military Aircraft parts, Military Motor vehicles, Tanks, night vision goggles', weapons, firearms, Artillery, Ammunition, Missiles, Explosives, military training equipment and protective personnel equipment, military electronics, space systems, Nuclear Weapons, Submersible vessels.
- The export or import of defense articles which fall under the US State Department (DDTC) or ITAR control require special care to ensure shipments are presented to US Customs at the time of exportation or importation.
- Failure to do so may result in penalties, seizure of the shipment.
- Shippers who fail to provide the proper documentation and export details will have shipments returned to the shipper immediately.
UPS has compliance responsibilities under Export Administrator Regulations (EAR) and must know their customers and be aware of suspicious circumstances that may be present in an export transaction.
State Department Controlled shipments are those shipments which require either a State Department License (SDL) or SDL Exemption, also referred to as ITAR shipments.)
UPS (small package) State Department License (SDL) or State Department License Exemption (SDL Exemption) controlled shipments are prohibited to and from this country or territory.
Please note that UPS Freight Forwarding can address the customer's delivery needs by transporting these restricted shipments via alternate routes that bypass China.
- Documents related to National Security are prohibited.
- Any type of narcotics is prohibited.
- Electronic Cigarettes can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract.
An Import Licence is required.
- Gambling devices are prohibited.
- Commercial shipment is under Government Control hence import license is required.
Shipment can be imported as personal gift if and only if consignee is able to prove that shipment is not for commercial purpose.
- Negotiable bonds and drafts are prohibited.
- Playing cards are prohibited.
- Poisons are prohibited.
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.
- Importation of seeds requires an original Agricultural Certificate/Phytosanitary Certificate. This is a requirement by Vietnam Agriculture Control Department.
- Shipments of used audio/video computer products are prohibited.
- Vietnamese individuals can receive tobacco as gift (no import license required) if shipment value is not greater than 1,000,000 VND. This is not applicable to foreigners.
Foreigners, (for example, expatriates, long term visitors or tourists) are not allowed to import tobacco products regardless of value and quantity.
- All used items are prohibited to import into Vietnam.
- All forms of weapons are prohibited.