There are special stipulations on the following commodities when shipping to Uzbekistan. If you plan to ship one of the commodities listed below, be sure to adhere to the following stipulations in order to avoid delays and holds at customs.
- Data shipments to Uzbekistan require an invoice with the value of the CD-ROM or disk only.
- Shipments of medicine must be accompanied by a Certificate of Analysis. For customs clearance, the importer has to provide an import license issued by the Ministry of Health and must obtain permission from the Pharmaceutical Committee.
If the shipment is accompanied by a Certificate of Origin, single rate of import duty applies, otherwise double rate of import duty has to be paid. However the C of O is not mandatory for customs clearance.
Private individuals are only allowed to import small quantities (1 or 2 units) if they have a doctors prescription.
- Shipments of some military supplies and equipment for military use (for example telescopic and laser sights, navigational equipment, radio equipment, parachutes, and uniforms) require an Import License issued by the Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations.
- Negotiable bonds and drafts require an import license through the government offices including the Ministry of Defense.
- Shipments of transmitting devices such as those used for radio and phone, require an Import License issued by the Center for Electromagnetic Compatibility provided by the importer. Shipments must be accompanied by an application guide and instructions for field of application.
- Data shipments require an invoice with the character of the USB stick (storing intercompany data) and the value of the USB Stick.