In addition to the commodities which UPS prohibits to all countries or territories served (listed here), it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Uganda.
- Kenya Airways (used by UPS to ship to and from Kenya) have advised there is a permanent embargo on all lithium batteries (including items that have lithium batteries within the commodity) being accepted to travel on small package service as Courier. This applies to all shipments, even if they are packed in accordance to groups 965, 966, 967, 968, 969 and 970.
These have to be rebooked to move as Freight mode causing additional time in transit.
- New diskettes are prohibited.
- The UPS Nairobi hub in Kenya cannot transit any package that has liquid content item on a Small Package basis. This applies to all types of items in liquid form.
Kenya airways(KQ) has restricted this movement on courier mode and packages should only be moved on airfreight mode(SCS) direct to destination.
It will also not be able to RTS such packages as Kenya Airways is used for all exports too.
Please note: This applies to transit volumes, not Kenya import but also from Cologne, Dubai and Johannesburg hubs.
- Category PI 965 of Lithium Ion Batteries-Lithium cells or battery only-cannot be forwarded with commercial carriers to Uganda.
- Customers must use an authorized UPS / MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) Store or UPS Customer Center to ship personal effects.
The UPS Store, Mail Boxes Etc. or UPS Customer Center will be required to identify personal effect shipments on the shipping label by placing "Personal Effects" in the Reference Field of a UPS "smart" label or in the Special Instructions Field of a UPS waybill. They must also clearly indicate 'Personal Effects' shipment on the Commercial Invoice.
Personal Effects are classified as used items (owned for a minimum of 6 months) intended for the consignee's personal use. Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis. "Personal Effects" must be clearly stated on the invoice and goods description.
All of the following documents must be scanned into DIS/SIR and originals on the package:
- An inventory list with estimated values with the reason for importation (holidays, move, relocation)
- A confirmation that the goods are older than 6 months and that they are intended for personal use only
- A photocopy of passport or ID card
Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis.
Excisable goods (for example, perfume, alcoholic drinks, tobacco), medicine and perishable food can not be cleared as personal effects.
Personal effects shipments are not allowed in combination with Return Services.
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.
- Unused traveler's checks are prohibited.