In addition to the commodities which UPS prohibits to all countries or territories served (listed here), it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to New Caledonia.
- Shipments of medicine require an Import License. Medicine is prohibited if the consignee does not have an Import License.
- An Australian Government issued special security directive cites that an Electromechanical Device greater than one kilogram in weight, which includes an electric motor, must not be imported into Australian territory if it has originated, transited or transferred through the Republic of Turkey. In order to comply with this directive, such shipments destined for New Zealand, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Kiribati, Tuvalu, Wallis & Futuna must not transit via Australia.
- Shipments of medicine require an import license. Medicine is prohibited if the consignee does not have an import license.
- Customers must use an authorized UPS / MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) Store or UPS Customer Center to ship personal effects.
The UPS Store, Mail Boxes Etc. or UPS Customer Center will be required to identify personal effect shipments on the shipping label by placing "Personal Effects" in the Reference Field of a UPS "smart" label or in the Special Instructions Field of a UPS waybill. They must also clearly indicate 'Personal Effects' shipment on the Commercial Invoice.
Personal Effects are classified as used items (owned for a minimum of 6 months) intended for the consignee's personal use. Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis. "Personal Effects" must be clearly stated on the invoice and goods description.
All of the following documents must be scanned into DIS/SIR and originals on the package:
- An inventory list with estimated values with the reason for importation (holidays, move, relocation)
- A confirmation that the goods are older than 6 months and that they are intended for personal use only
- A photocopy of passport or ID card
Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis.
Excisable goods (for example, perfume, alcoholic drinks, tobacco), medicine and perishable food can not be cleared as personal effects.
Personal effects shipments are not allowed in combination with Return Services.
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.
- Only finished products, such as clothing and linens, are prohibited.