- The import of alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Bodybuilding supplements need to be imported by a licensed person. The importing company should have an import license and have the required documents from the Ministry of Health.
Bodybuilding supplements comes directly under the control of customs, if any approvals or testing is required it is given to the Ministry Of Health for further investigation.
Private individuals cannot apply for such licenses therefore, only licensed companies are allowed to import bodybuilding supplements.
- KW is not an International Special Community (ISC) destination country or territory. Electronic cigarettes cant be shipped to KW.
Original documentation,Approvals From the Chamber of Commerce, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Environment and Import license is required to import into Kuwait.
- Information Technology Regulatory Authority (CITRA) - Kuwait under the Ministry of Communication (MOC) has issued a statement to prohibit the import of any of listed goods per attached into Kuwait as it considered a critical threat to national security.
- GSM Repeater Dual Band 900 1800
- Dual Band Repeater Amplifier
- Signal Repeater Booster Amplifier
- LCD screen Dual Band Cell Phone Signal Booster 900mhz/1800Mhz
- Goods originating in Israel are prohibited.
- Shipments of jewelry require Ministry of Commerce approval. UPS presents the jewelry to the Ministry, the Ministry inspects the jewelry, and then the Ministry issues a stamp of approval. This process applies to all gold, silver, and diamond jewelry. Clearance may be delayed 4 to 5 working days.
Jewelry that is below 14 karats is prohibited and will be seized by the Ministry
- Only below LIBA (Batteries contained in equipment as per below packaging) are permitted, anything else cannot be moved.
Below are sections acceptable on Emirates:
UN3481- Lithium Ion batteries PI-966 & PI967 section II
UN3091-Lithium metal batteries PI-969 & PI970 section II.
- Any kind of medication which are directly categorized as health items are subject to special treatment, which may include nutritional supplements, herbs, capsules and cosmetics.
Shipments of medicine require approval from the Ministry of Health. The consignee must obtain the approval and provide it to customs. If the consignee fails to provide the approval within five days or if the Ministry of Health requests the shipment for physical inspection, the shipment will be transferred to the Ministry of Health by the customs authorities. In both cases, it is the consignees obligation to collect the shipment at the Ministry if its finally released for importation. Delays may occur.
Shipments of medicine addressed to private individuals require a temporary import license, a prescription from doctor (med.) and an approval from the Ministry of Health. The documents must be available prior to shipping. Copies of these documents should be part of the shipping documents.
Kuwait does not have a temperature controlled facility, therefore medicine that requires a temperature controlled storage should not be accepted for shipping to Kuwait.
When arriving in Kuwait, the shipments are transferred to the Ministry of Health where the consignee must have customs clear the shipments based on the above mentioned documents. After clearance the consignee can pick up the commodities. The clearance of these types of commodities takes up to 8 days. Nutritional supplements can be classified as medicine. Please see additional information under 'food supplements'.
- Shipments of military equipment can be addressed to the Ministries of the Interior or Defense, Camp Doha, U.S. Military, or Air Force. Military items shipped to private individuals are prohibited. Military items are exempt from all duties and taxes.
- Negotiable bonds and drafts are prohibited.
- Customers must use an authorized UPS / MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) Store or UPS Customer Center to ship personal effects.
The UPS Store, Mail Boxes Etc. or UPS Customer Center will be required to identify personal effect shipments on the shipping label by placing "Personal Effects" in the Reference Field of a UPS "smart" label or in the Special Instructions Field of a UPS waybill. They must also clearly indicate 'Personal Effects' shipment on the Commercial Invoice.
Personal Effects are classified as used items (owned for a minimum of 6 months) intended for the consignee's personal use. Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis. "Personal Effects" must be clearly stated on the invoice and goods description.
All of the following documents must be scanned into DIS/SIR and originals on the package:
- An inventory list with estimated values with the reason for importation (holidays, move, relocation)
- A confirmation that the goods are older than 6 months and that they are intended for personal use only
- A photocopy of passport or ID card
Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis.
Excisable goods (for example, perfume, alcoholic drinks, tobacco), medicine and perishable food can not be cleared as personal effects.
Personal effects shipments are not allowed in combination with Return Services.
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.
- The import of Snus are prohibited for Kuwait.
- Shipments of vitamins cannot be imported by private individuals or companies. Only the company Genoa General Trading Company is the authorized importer for any kind of nutritional supplements, vitamins and food supplements with physiological effects, typically used by body builders and athletes.
Shipments destined to importers other than Genoa must be returned or abandoned.