United States to Ecuador
Country or Territory Regulations Topics:
Commodity Specific Stipulations
There are special stipulations on the following commodities when shipping to Ecuador. If you plan to ship one of the commodities listed below, be sure to adhere to the following stipulations in order to avoid delays and holds at customs.
- "Import of Alcoholic beverages into Ecuador is permitted via ISC contract service
UPS doesn't serve business to consumer (B2C) shipments into Ecuador. Wine, beer and spirits (liquor) to B2B only.
Formal entry and pre-authorization certificate is needed. "
- Books are considered non-documents and will not pay duties and taxes as long as the consignee is affiliated with the Ecuatorian Chamber of Books. If not, then the books must be educational going to a school or university and customs will clear duty free.
- To send Cosmetics to Ecuador, the importer must have Sanitary Registration with the Ministerio de Salud Publica (Ministry of Public Health}.
This applies for all shipments of 4 Kg and above with a value FOB over USD 400 and more than 3 physical units per item.
Samples up to 3 units can be sent without this proviso, providing the Invoive states that they are samples with no commercial value.
- Prescriptions for personal use require an invoice and a prescription.
An Import License is required for commercial shipments of medicine. The Prescription has to accompany the package. However, it is not required to be on the outside of the package. It is acceptable to be included inside the package.
- Customers must use an authorized UPS / MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) Store, UPS Customer Center or ISC Approved Shipper to ship personal effects.
The UPS Store, Mail Boxes Etc, UPS Customer Center or ISC approved shipper will be required to identify personal effect shipments on the shipping label by placing "Personal Effects" in the Reference Field of a UPS "smart" label or in the Special Instructions Field of a UPS waybill. They must also clearly indicate 'Personal Effects' shipment on the Commercial Invoice.
Personal Effects are classified as used items (owned for a minimum of 6 months) intended for the consignee's personal use. Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis. "Personal Effects" must be clearly stated on the invoice and goods description.
All of the following documents must be scanned into DIS/SIR and originals on the package:
An inventory list with estimated values with the reason for importation (holidays, move, relocation) A confirmation that the goods are older than 6 months and that they are intended for personal use only A photocopy of passport or ID card Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis.
Excisable goods (for example, perfume, alcoholic drinks, tobacco), medicine and perishable food can not be cleared as personal effects.
Personal effects shipments are not allowed in combination with Return Services.
- Importers of tires must obtain a license from the Ministry of Industry and Productivity (MIPRO) prior to each shipment. See resolution 17 of the COMEX.
Prohibited or Restricted Commodities
In addition to the commodities which UPS prohibits to all countries or territories served (listed here), it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Ecuador.
- Advertising literature is prohibited.
- Advertising stickers are prohibited.
- Agendas are prohibited.
- Catalogs with printed advertising material, is prohibited to be imported to Ecuador.
Catalogs used to show the functioning of devices, is allowed to be imported to Ecuador
- Starting January 2017 EC Customs has notified that the importation of cellphones via a Courier or Express Delivery company is prohibited.
Any shipment arriving with cellular phones will be seized and Customs will only allow shipments to be Returned to Shipper or Abandoned.
- Imports of Clothing are restricted to one shipment a yesr,up to 20 Instituto Ecuatoriano de Normalizacin Kgs and maximum value of $500 if INEN and MIPRO not obtained.
If the consignee has INEN (Instituto Ecuatoriano de Normalizacion} and MIPRO ( Ministerio de Industria y Productividad) authorisation, shipments up to 50 Kgs and maximum value of $2,000 can be sent.
- Electronic Cigarettes can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract.
Imports require an Original Commercial Invoice,Original Packing List and Original Transportation Documents.
- Imports of Food are restricted to a limit of 4 kgs in weight,3 items and value of 400 USD.
- Marketing videos are prohibited.
- Medications and goods for human consumption require authorization by the Ministry of Health and a certificate from SESA.
- Imports of Decodificadres are restricted to a limit of 4 kgs in weight,3 items and value of 400 USD.
- Notebooks are prohibited.
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.
- Imports of Used Clothes are restricted to a limit of 4 kgs in weight,3 items and value of 400 USD.