United States to Belarus
Country or Territory Regulations Topics:
Commodity Specific Stipulations
There are special stipulations on the following commodities when shipping to Belarus. If you plan to ship one of the commodities listed below, be sure to adhere to the following stipulations in order to avoid delays and holds at customs.
- Shipments of chemical products, depending on the Harmonized Tariff Code, may require an import license or a simple confirmation from the consignee. In addition, the product itself must be labeled with a description of substances as well, and the commercial invoice must contain a detailed product description. Otherwise, shipments will be rejected by customs and returned back to the shipper.
Products which are used for cleaning or producing machinery meant for producing food stuff, garments, household articles and other products which are supposed to get in contact with human skin are subject to sanitary-epidemiologic controls at the border. The government registration certificates and attested invoices in Russian language need to accompany the products at the point of time of arrival.
Please see information on 'Sanitary-Epidemiological Control' in section 'Additional Clearance Information' for more details.
- Require special permission issued by the Belarus State Customs Committee.
- Data shipments to Belarus require an invoice indicating the value of the CD-ROM or disk only.
- Medical Equipment and accessories, Require an Import License and Certificate of Compliance issued by the Belarus Ministry of Health.
- Medicine requires an Import License issued by the Belarus Ministry of Health.
- Telescopic, laser sites, optical devices, etc, any devices, equipment or spares for military use, require and Import License issued by the Belarus Ministry of Defense.
- Mobile phones require special import permission and Certificate of Compliance from the Ministry of Communications.
- Pharmaceuticals require an Import License, issued by the Belarus Ministry of Health.
- Radio equipment and radio spare parts reqire an Import License and a Certificate of Compliance issued by the Belarus Ministry of Communications.
- Data shipments require an invoice with the character of the USB stick (storing intercompany data) and the value of the USB Stick.
Prohibited or Restricted Commodities
In addition to the commodities which UPS prohibits to all countries or territories served (listed here), it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Belarus.
- Customers must use an authorized UPS / MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) Store or UPS Customer Center to ship personal effects.
The UPS Store, Mail Boxes Etc. or UPS Customer Center will be required to identify personal effect shipments on the shipping label by placing "Personal Effects" in the Reference Field of a UPS "smart" label or in the Special Instructions Field of a UPS waybill. They must also clearly indicate 'Personal Effects' shipment on the Commercial Invoice.
Personal Effects are classified as used items (owned for a minimum of 6 months) intended for the consignee's personal use. Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis. "Personal Effects" must be clearly stated on the invoice and goods description.
All of the following documents must be scanned into DIS/SIR and originals on the package:
- An inventory list with estimated values with the reason for importation (holidays, move, relocation)
- A confirmation that the goods are older than 6 months and that they are intended for personal use only
- A photocopy of passport or ID card
Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis.
Excisable goods (for example, perfume, alcoholic drinks, tobacco), medicine and perishable food can not be cleared as personal effects.
Personal effects shipments are not allowed in combination with Return Services.
- Require Phytosanitary Certificate from shipper. May be subject to State Quarantine Inspection Checks prior to release by Customs.
- Precious metals and stones require an Import License issued by the Belarus State Committee for Precious Metals.
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.
- Require Phytosanitary Certificate from the shipper. May be subject to State Quarantine Inspection checks prior to release by Customs.