- Antique shipments are restricted from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract. Antiques are defined as a work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or silverware that is 100 years old or older.
In case an antique item is received in Bahrain, Ministry of Culture approval is required.
- UPS Bahrain does not have the Dangerous Goods license to handle Dangerous Goods shipments.
As per Bahrain Civil Aviation and Security, UPS Bahrain cannot handle any type of Dangerous Goods including Lithium Batteries.
- The importation of Electronic Cigarettes require a registration with the Ministry of Finance as well as an approval from the Ministry of Commerce and from the Ministry of Health. Customs inspections are mandatory and UPS needs an authorization document from consignee to clear the shipment on his behalf.
These requirements affect besides commercial shipments also small quantities that are intended for personal use only. The customs clearance process may take up to 90 days.
- Gambling devices are prohibited.
- Hunting knives, switchblades, bayonets and all double edged blades are prohibited.
- Only below LIBA (Batteries contained in equipment as per below packaging) are permitted, anything else cannot be moved.
Below are sections acceptable on Emirates:
UN3481- Lithium Ion batteries PI-966 & PI967 section II
UN3091-Lithium metal batteries PI-969 & PI970 section II.
- Military equipment is strictly prohibited except on rare occasions. A letter of authority from the military department is required for Customs clearance.
- Customers must use an authorized UPS / MBE (Mail Boxes Etc) Store or UPS Customer Center to ship personal effects.
The UPS Store, Mail Boxes Etc. or UPS Customer Center will be required to identify personal effect shipments on the shipping label by placing "Personal Effects" in the Reference Field of a UPS "smart" label or in the Special Instructions Field of a UPS waybill. They must also clearly indicate 'Personal Effects' shipment on the Commercial Invoice.
Personal Effects are classified as used items (owned for a minimum of 6 months) intended for the consignee's personal use. Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis. "Personal Effects" must be clearly stated on the invoice and goods description.
All of the following documents must be scanned into DIS/SIR and originals on the package:
- An inventory list with estimated values with the reason for importation (holidays, move, relocation)
- A confirmation that the goods are older than 6 months and that they are intended for personal use only
- A photocopy of passport or ID card
Any items intended for any other use, such as wholesale or retail sales, business purposes, or for distribution are not considered personal effects and cannot be shipped on this basis.
Excisable goods (for example, perfume, alcoholic drinks, tobacco), medicine and perishable food can not be cleared as personal effects.
Personal effects shipments are not allowed in combination with Return Services.
- The Government of Bahrain has placed a prohibition on plastic bags effective July 1, 2019.
All plastic carrier bags, regardless of their thickness, will be prohibited from being imported, exported, manufactured, sold, stored, supplied, and used in Mainland Bahrain. The only exceptions to the plastic bag ban will be for plastic or plastic packaging for medical services, industrial products, the construction industry, the agricultural sector, foodstuffs, and sanitary and waste management.
UPS affected products:
PAK UNIVERSAL 01872618
PAK MEDIUM SIZE MULTILANGUAGE 01872718
AIRBAG - 170505
- Products made in Iran are prohibited in our service due to a current embargo.