United Kingdom to Azerbaijan
Country or Territory Regulations Topics:
For charges made for Export Shipments from United Kingdom to the destination country or territory, please refer to Brokerage Services and Charges-Export Shipments with United Kingdom as the destination.
Valid Driving Licenses can be shipped as documents. The description must clearly state 'driving license'. Shipping driving licenses require the approval of the UK customs authorities. A delay of minimum one day has to be calculated.
Please check the import related information if driving licenses are allowed for importation.
Mobile phones to all destinations from United Kingdom can be delayed on export due to security checks from government bodies.
Goods under IATA Special Provisions A67 require a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).
It is not required for all, however shipments can be held by local authority in United Arab Emirates after screening due to lack of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) or NON DG (Dangerous Goods) declaration letter from the shipper resulting to misconnections and impacting end-to-end service.
It would be advisable for all shipments originating, transiting and terminating for UAE to have MSDS or NON DG declaration from shipper enclosed in the shipment and copies to be uploaded in IDIS.
Export procedure ex United Kingdom
A formal electronic export declaration must be sent to customs authorities by the exporter or their representative. Customs authorities grant the release for export and issue an Export Accompanying Document (EAD) with a unique Movement Reference Number (MRN). UPS operated simplified procedures allowing export formalities to be completed upto 14 days after export.
An informal declaration is possible for shipments up to a national threshold. The informal declaration is based on the invoice value and is restricted to shipments not subject to prohibitions and restrictions (for example, embargo regulations) or special export procedures (for example, temporary export). The informal clearance will be done by UPS at the point of exit.
Shipments up to a value of 873.00 GBP can be declared informally on the basis of the invoice.
The EORI (European Union Registration and Identification) number needs to be included with the Invoice for any shipment with value exceeding 873.00 GBP. The EORI number can be obtained by the shipper using website link: www.gov.uk/EORI
UPS offers the service to prepare export declarations on behalf of the exporter without additional fees.
Valid passports can be shipped as documents. The description must clearly state 'passport'. Shipping passports require the approval of the UK customs authorities. A delay of minimum one day has to be calculated.
Please check the import related information if passports are allowed for importation.
Customs clearance takes place at Baku Airport Customs office. All commercial non-document shipments regardless of the invoice value are subject to the customs clearance.
Private persons can receive non-commercial non-document shipments without customs clearance with a total amount of 1000 USD or not exceeding 1000 USD during 30 days (including shipments received with UPS or with all other international post).
Original import documentation is required for Customs clearance.
UPS is unable to clear shipments into Azerbaijan. The consignee must appoint an alternative broker to undertake this or arrange clearance themselves.
Please note that not only the value(s) of the commodity/commodities have to be considered when calculating duty and tax, but also the freight charge and other fees.
UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box address. All packages require a consignee's contact name and complete street address including apartment, suite or unit number if applicable. The consignee's telephone number should be provided if known.
- Service is provided to and from certain cities.
- UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box address. All packages require a consignee's contact name and complete street address including apartment, suite or unit number if applicable. The consignee's telephone number should be provided if known.
- Sunday, and official holidays.
- Spring +0500/ Fall +0400
- Azerbaijan Manat(AZN)
- Shipping charges can be billed to the shipper, receiver or a third party.
- When billing the receiver, either the shipper or receiver's account number is required.
- When billing to a third party, the third party's name, country or territory and account number are required.
- Duties and taxes can only be paid by the receiver.
- Please note the following third party billing exceptions:
- Shipments to and from the same country or territory (domestic shipments) cannot be billed to third party payors in other countries or territories. For example, shipments from Mexico to Mexico or Canada to Canada cannot be billed to a third party payor in the U.S. This rule does not apply to UPS domestic services in European Union countries or territories. For example, shipments from Germany to Germany can be billed to a third party payor in the U.S. (as long as the payor is a business and has a VAT or Tax/EIN ID on file with UPS).
- When paying by credit card, check, or cash, only the shipper can be billed the shipping charges.
Commodity Specific Stipulations
There are special stipulations on the following commodities when shipping to Azerbaijan. If you plan to ship one of the commodities listed below, be sure to adhere to the following stipulations in order to avoid delays and holds at customs.
- Private persons can get alcohol up to 1.5 litres as a gift. If the given limit exceeds this, then there will be customs clearance.
- Bank Cards which are requested to be sent out of the United Kingdom should be declared for referral to HMRC and await their approval to send.
- Private persons can get 1 carton of cigarettes as a gift. If the given limit exceeds this, then there will be customs clearance.
- An invoice is required on all shipments containing a CD-Rom/Disk. Invoice should indicate the value of the Recording Media (eg. CDR/DVD) & the Intellectual/statistical value of the software/data separately
- Data shipments to Azerbaijan require an invoice with the value of the CD-ROM or disk only.
- All devices/equipment related to the mining of cryptocurrency (examples include antminer,keys, bitcoins etc) are subject to Customs control and not under UPS control.
Customs is strict on all such devices/equipment. Import/Export decision is given by the Customs authority.
- The invoice must include a description of the part, the type of machine for which the part will be used, and a list of the part's components.
- Private persons can get 1 carton of cigarettes as gift. If the given limit exceeds this, then there will be customs clearance.
- 0.00 US Dollar USD
- no gift exemption
- no gift exemption
Non-document shipments to Azerbaijan must include 1 original and 2 copies of an invoice.
It is a requirement of State Customs that the original invoice as well as the copies accompany the shipment in the document pouch.
From 1st November 2017, all the packages arriving to Azerbaijan without invoices will not be admitted by the customs authorities. Furthermore those shipments cannot be returned to the shipper.
After a definite period of time (10 working days after the opening of ERN), these packages will be destroyed according to the procedure.
Shipments of documents do not require an invoice.
The consignee's telephone number, mobile number and e-mail address if available, should appear on the invoice.
Items Classified as Documents
The destination country or territory considers the following items document shipments. If criteria are listed, the shipment must meet those criteria to be considered a document shipment.
- Blank and validated airline tickets are considered documents.
- Blank, payroll and personal checks are all considered documents.
- Tickets for events like stage performances, football matches or concerts can be sent as documents.
Event tickets coming from a printing company and sent to the organizer of the event or ticket sales offices can not be sent as documents.
- Magazines are considered a non-document if for commercial use.
- Periodicals not for resale are classified as documents.
- Must be personalized to be considered documents.
- Completed visa applications are classified as documents.
UPS can recommend which forms you need based on a few simple criteria. Forms can be completed online or printed. See which forms you need.
Prohibited or Restricted Commodities
In addition to the prohibited commodities listed here, it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Azerbaijan.
- Antique shipments are restricted from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract. Antiques are defined as a work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or silverware that is 100 years old or older.
- Artwork shipments are restricted from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract.
Paintings or other works of art can be accepted if the artist is still alive, the artwork is replaceable and an art dealer or gallery has appraised the artwork within the last year. If the declared value of the artwork is greater than $100.00 and there is a claim, the shipper must provide a copy of the original invoice, a bill of sale, or other proof certifying in writing the actual cost or replacement cost of the item.
Artwork includes the following: Original engravings, prints, lithographs, original sculptures, statuary.
The term "Artwork" does not apply to: architectural, engineering, industrial, topographical, commercial drawings, hand-painted or hand-decorated manufactured articles.
- The importation of medical items, including medical devices, and medicine require an import license from the Ministry of Health.
Private individuals can import limited amounts of medicine based on a prescription only.
- Mobile phones to all destination countries from United Kingdom can be delayed on export due to security checks from government bodies.
- Personal Effects cannot be shipped between these countries or territories
Saturday Delivery Available: Yes
Not available in all areas. Always check the international time in transit system for details of service availability within a country or territory.
Always check Calculate Time and Cost for details of service availability and guarantee information within a country or territory. All Service Levels may not be available to or from every address within a country or territory.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
((England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland))
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver
Special Clearance Requirements
Outward Processing Relief (goods exported from the UK for the purpose of repair)
The outward processing relief starts with the export from the UK and will be discharged with the re-importation of the repaired goods. Both steps need to be identified by UPS export or import operation.
Repair Goods: Goods requiring Export from the UK for repair Invoice requirements:
- Statement stating "Goods being sent for repair under Outward Processing Relief" should be clearly marked on the commercial invoice
- Provide serial number of goods being sent for repair. If the goods are not serialized a statement to this effect must be made on the commercial invoice
- Exporters authorized to export under OPR must include their authority number on all paperwork
- Provide correct commercial value of goods as originally paid for not a nominal value for the goods.
Failure to provide any of the above information will result in shipments being delayed.
Repaired goods: Goods being re-exported returned after repair in the UK Invoice requirements:
- Invoice should clearly state "Goods have been repaired under IPR"
- Provide either IP authorization number or Import entry details
- Provide full commercial value of goods plus cost of repair
Failure to provide any of the above information will result in shipments being delayed.
New requirements have been implemented for small package shipments and are based on the International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM) 15, which is entitled "Guidelines for Regulating Wood Packaging Material in International Trade". ISPM 15 was adopted internationally in 2002, and is gradually being introduced by countries or territories worldwide. Wood or wood products covered by ISPM 15 include items such as packing cases, boxes, crates, drums or similar packing, pallets, box pallets and other load boards, pallet collars and skids, but exclude such processed woods as orientated strand board, particle board, plywood or veneer, created using glue, heat and pressure or a combinations thereof, and, raw wood which is 6mm or less thick. It is recommended that if a question arises on this issue, please check with the authority that issues the Phytosanitary certificates in your country or territory.
A contract between the exporter and the importer is required by Customs.
300.00 US Dollar (USD)
Private persons can receive non-commercial non-document shipments without customs clearance with a total amount of 300 USD or not exceeding 300 USD during 30 days (including shipments received with UPS or with all other international post).
0.00 US Dollar (USD)
All non-commercial non-document shipments to private persons, the name must be registered in Customs application Smart Customs. Receiver(the person indicated on the waybill) has to sign in his Individual Identification number (IIN) of his ID card and mobile number which must be registered to the name of the receiver( not to another name ).
All shipments intended for commercial use are subject to customs clearance.