United Kingdom to Armenia
Country or Territory Regulations Topics:
For charges made for Export Shipments from United Kingdom to the destination country or territory, please refer to Brokerage Services and Charges-Export Shipments with United Kingdom as the destination.
Valid Driving Licenses can be shipped as documents. The description must clearly state 'driving license'. Shipping driving licenses require the approval of the UK customs authorities. A delay of minimum one day has to be calculated.
Please check the import related information if driving licenses are allowed for importation.
Mobile phones to all destinations from United Kingdom can be delayed on export due to security checks from government bodies.
Goods under IATA Special Provisions A67 require a MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).
It is not required for all, however shipments can be held by local authority in United Arab Emirates after screening due to lack of MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) or NON DG (Dangerous Goods) declaration letter from the shipper resulting to misconnections and impacting end-to-end service.
It would be advisable for all shipments originating, transiting and terminating for UAE to have MSDS or NON DG declaration from shipper enclosed in the shipment and copies to be uploaded in IDIS.
Export procedure ex United Kingdom
A formal electronic export declaration must be sent to customs authorities by the exporter or their representative. Customs authorities grant the release for export and issue an Export Accompanying Document (EAD) with a unique Movement Reference Number (MRN). UPS operated simplified procedures allowing export formalities to be completed upto 14 days after export.
An informal declaration is possible for shipments up to a national threshold. The informal declaration is based on the invoice value and is restricted to shipments not subject to prohibitions and restrictions (for example, embargo regulations) or special export procedures (for example, temporary export). The informal clearance will be done by UPS at the point of exit.
Shipments up to a value of 873.00 GBP can be declared informally on the basis of the invoice.
Shipments in the value range 873.00 GBP - 2000 GBP have full and formal individual electronic export declarations which are completed within 14 days of export.
Shipments exceeding 2000 GBP and those that need control on export (for example, temporary exports, return after repair, export licenses) require formal and full electronic export declaration and positive Customs clearance prior to export.
UPS offers the service to prepare export declarations on behalf of the exporter without additional fees.
Valid passports can be shipped as documents. The description must clearly state 'passport'. Shipping passports require the approval of the UK customs authorities. A delay of minimum one day has to be calculated.
Please check the import related information if passports are allowed for importation.
Customs regulations of the Republic of Armenia are as follows:
Non-document shipments that are addressed to an individual, weigh less than 30 kg, and a value, in compliance with the invoice below 200.000 AMD (approx US$420.00), are not liable to Customs hold. This is a monthly amount.
Non-document shipments addressed to a juridical person within a company, firm, or organization can be held by Customs, regardless of the weight and value.
Service is only provided to Yerevan where there is door-to-door delivery. If a package is received in Armenia addressed to a location outside Yerevan, the consignee is contacted to arrange pick up in Yerevan.
Please note that not only the value(s) of the commodity/commodities have to be considered when calculating duty and tax, but also the freight charge and other fees.
UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box address. All packages require a consignee's contact name and complete street address including apartment, suite or unit number if applicable. The consignee's telephone number should be provided if known.
- Service is provided to and from the city of Yerevan.
There is also limited service provided by the UPS ASC outside of Yerevan, up to a distance of approximately 30 kms. If any package or letter is received further away than this, the UPS ASC contacts the customer and makes arrangements.
U.S. Shippers Only - This country or territory has been identified as a high security risk. Only "known" shippers can ship to this country or territory. A list of known shippers is provided at UPS's Flight Guardian application. Known shippers must pay for the transportation charges ("prepaid" billing option).
Shipments to this country or territory tendered to UPS by "unknown" shippers will be evaluated by UPS Security and may be returned to sender."
- UPS cannot deliver to a P.O. Box address. All packages require a consignee's contact name and complete street address including apartment, suite or unit number if applicable. The consignee's telephone number should be provided if known.
- Saturday, Sunday, and official holidays.
- Spring +0400/ Fall +0400
- Armenian, Russian
- Armenian Dram(AMD), US Dollar(USD)
- Shipping charges can be billed to the shipper, receiver or a third party.
- When billing the receiver, either the shipper or receiver's account number is required.
- When billing a third party, the third party's name, country or territory and account number are required.
- Duties and taxes can only be billed to the receiver.
- Please note the following third party billing exceptions:
- Shipments to and from the same country or territory (domestic shipments) cannot be billed to third party payors in other countries or territories. For example, shipments from Mexico to Mexico or Canada to Canada cannot be billed to a third party payor in the U.S.
- When paying by credit card, check, or cash, only the shipper can be billed the shipping charges
Commodity Specific Stipulations
There are special stipulations on the following commodities when shipping to Armenia. If you plan to ship one of the commodities listed below, be sure to adhere to the following stipulations in order to avoid delays and holds at customs.
- Bank Cards which are requested to be sent out of the United Kingdom should be declared for referral to HMRC and await their approval to send.
- Shipments of chewing gum for resale requires a Certificate of Russian Testing (ROSTEST).
- Shipments of coffee for resale requires a Certificate of Russian Testing (ROSTEST). Green coffee requires a Phytosanitary Certification.
- Shipments of computers and computer parts require an Import License.
- Shipments of cosmetics require an Import License.
- An invoice is required on all shipments containing a CD-Rom/Disk. Invoice should indicate the value of the Recording Media (eg. CDR/DVD) & the Intellectual/statistical value of the software/data separately
- Data shipments to Armenia require an invoice with the value of the CD-ROM or disk only.
- Shipments of machine parts will require an Import License.
- Shipments of microfilm and microfiche require an Import License.
- Shipments of negatives require an Import License.
- The invoice must include a description of the part, the type of machine for which the part will be used, and a list of the part's components.
- Passports which are requested to be sent out of the United Kingdom should be declared for referral to HMRC and await their approval to send.
- Shipments of smoked salmon require a Veterinary Certificate.
- Shipments of tapes (computer recorded and audio/video/magnetic) require an Import License.
- Shipments of textiles require an Import License.
- Shipments of veterinary products require an Import License.
- Shipments of vitamins require an Import License.
- 0.00 US Dollar USD
- no gift exemption
- no gift exemption
Non-document shipments to Armenia must include 1 original and 2 copies of an invoice.
Shipments of documents do not require an invoice.
The consignee's telephone number must appear on the invoice, along with mobile number and e/mail address if available.
Items Classified as Documents
The destination country or territory considers the following items document shipments. If criteria are listed, the shipment must meet those criteria to be considered a document shipment.
- Books are classified as documents if not for resale.
- Shipments of blank checks, cancelled checks, payroll and personal checks are classified as documents.
- Shipments of 10 or fewer diaries are classified as documents.
- Document Limit-20 Kgs
- Magazines being shipped for non-commercial purposes are classified as documents.
- Shipments of manuscripts require an import license.
- Periodicals not for resale are classified as document shipments.
UPS can recommend which forms you need based on a few simple criteria. Forms can be completed online or printed. See which forms you need.
Prohibited or Restricted Commodities
In addition to the prohibited commodities listed here, it is prohibited to ship the following commodities to Armenia.
- Antique shipments are restricted from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract. Antiques are defined as a work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or silverware that is 100 years old or older.
- Artwork shipments are restricted from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and can only be shipped with an International Special Commodities (ISC) contract.
Paintings or other works of art can be accepted if the artist is still alive, the artwork is replaceable and an art dealer or gallery has appraised the artwork within the last year. If the declared value of the artwork is greater than $100.00 and there is a claim, the shipper must provide a copy of the original invoice, a bill of sale, or other proof certifying in writing the actual cost or replacement cost of the item.
Artwork includes the following: Original engravings, prints, lithographs, original sculptures, statuary.
The term "Artwork" does not apply to: architectural, engineering, industrial, topographical, commercial drawings, hand-painted or hand-decorated manufactured articles.
- Shipments of Cigarettes are prohibited
- Promotional and/or training films are accepted as non-document shipments and require an invoice. Commercial films are prohibited.
- Non-perishable food items are prohibited.
- Shipments of jewelry can be shipped as long as the value does not exceed US$500.00 or the local currency equivalent per package.
Jewelry for which the retail price is lower than US$150.00 per item and which do not contain precious metal(s) and/or stone(s) are considered costume jewelry and can be shipped only up to this value from the origin country or territory.
- Mobile phones to all destination countries from United Kingdom can be delayed on export due to security checks from government bodies.
- Personal Effects cannot be shipped between these countries or territories
Saturday Delivery Available: No
Always check Calculate Time and Cost for details of service availability and guarantee information within a country or territory. All Service Levels may not be available to or from every address within a country or territory.
- UPS Worldwide Expedited
((England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland))
- UPS Worldwide Express Plus
- UPS Worldwide Express Saver
Special Clearance Requirements
Outward Processing Relief (goods exported from the UK for the purpose of repair)
The outward processing relief starts with the export from the UK and will be discharged with the re-importation of the repaired goods. Both steps need to be identified by UPS export or import operation.
Repair Goods: Goods requiring Export from the UK for repair Invoice requirements:
- Statement stating "Goods being sent for repair under Outward Processing Relief" should be clearly marked on the commercial invoice
- Provide serial number of goods being sent for repair. If the goods are not serialized a statement to this effect must be made on the commercial invoice
- Exporters authorized to export under OPR must include their authority number on all paperwork
- Provide correct commercial value of goods as originally paid for not a nominal value for the goods.
Failure to provide any of the above information will result in shipments being delayed.
Repaired goods: Goods being re-exported returned after repair in the UK Invoice requirements:
- Invoice should clearly state "Goods have been repaired under IPR"
- Provide either IP authorization number or Import entry details
- Provide full commercial value of goods plus cost of repair
Failure to provide any of the above information will result in shipments being delayed.
The invoice must include both the value of the commodity before the repair and the cost of the repair.
The invoice must include a description of the sample and indicate if the sample is marked or mutilated.
New requirements have been implemented for small package shipments and are based on the International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures (ISPM) 15, which is entitled "Guidelines for Regulating Wood Packaging Material in International Trade". ISPM 15 was adopted internationally in 2002, and is gradually being introduced by countries or territories worldwide. Wood or wood products covered by ISPM 15 include items such as packing cases, boxes, crates, drums or similar packing, pallets, box pallets and other load boards, pallet collars and skids, but exclude such processed woods as orientated strand board, particle board, plywood or veneer, created using glue, heat and pressure or a combinations thereof, and, raw wood which is 6mm or less thick. It is recommended that if a question arises on this issue, please check with the authority that issues the Phytosanitary certificates in your country or territory.
200.00 Armenian Dram (AMD)
A shipment for a private person is not subject to formal customs declarations when its value does not exceed 200,000 AMD (approx US$420.00) and the weight does not exceed 30kg. No duty and VAT apply.
0.00 US Dollar (USD)
The deminimis threshold is valid for all imports for a private person within 1 month via express services. The last shipment imported within this stretch of time is subject to formal entry clearance and payment of import fees if the added value of all shipments exceeds the threshold.
For private persons in Armenia, there is a 4000 AMD fee for writing the application to customs house to receive the package of the private individual.
All non-document shipments may be assessed duty or tax or both regardless of the shipment value.