UPS billing options give you the flexibility to choose your preferred payment method or indicate the method of payment that suits your customers.
Whichever option you select, you can be assured of accurate billing and quality service.
- Bill Shipper (Prepaid): UPS bills shipping charges to the shipper
- Bill Receiver (Freight Collect): UPS bills shipping charges to the receiver
- Bill Third Party (Third Party): UPS bills shipping charges to a company other than the shipper or receiver. For shipments within the EU, the third party must be located in the EU. In addition, the third party must have a valid VAT ID unless located in the shipper country
- Bill Payment Card: UPS bills shipping charges to a payment card (for example, a debit or credit card)
UPS accepts shipments for collect and third-party billing as long as the receiver or third party has a valid UPS account number and has agreed to accept the charges. Unless otherwise specified at the time of shipping, shipping charges are billed to the shipper.
UPS does not accept third-party billing requests for the following scenarios:
- Domestic shipments billed to a third party in another country
- Shipments from one EU country to another EU country billed to a non-EU country