About Ground Freight
- Select a shipper and a profile.
- Specify the Ship To address.
- Specify the Ship From address.
- Enter the commodity information.
- From the UPS Service drop down box, select a Ground Freight service.
- Specify the shipment-level details and additional options, such as:
- UPS service and bill-to information
- Commodities Information
- Handling Units
- Shipping Options
- Shipment dimensions, shipment description, and any special instructions.
- Shipment reference numbers
- Packing list
- For an international shipment, record the export document and goods details.
- When you are finished, select the Process button.
- Schedule a pickup request.
Freight refers to the mode of transportation of LTL (less-than-truckload) and TL (truck load) shipments. Freight offers regional, interregional, and long-haul services, as well as a full portfolio of specialty solutions in the United States, (including Alaska and Hawaii), Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Mexico.
Select a UPS Freight service from the UPS Service field to start using this service.
Note: Charge Back Codes are not available for Ground Freight.