On the Tools tab, select the Create/Edit Profile button. The Profile Editor window replaces the Shipping window. Note that even though it is similar to the Shipping window, the Profile Editor window is different.
On the left side of the Profile Editor window:
- Type a unique name, up to 35 alphanumeric characters, in the Profile Name box. If you want to assign a profile to a shipper, select the Shippers button. The Shipper Profiles window displays.
- Select the Residential Address checkbox if the packages sent using the profile are to be delivered to a residential location. Clear this checkbox if the packages are to be delivered to a commercial location. Your choice will display as the default in the Residential Address checkbox on the Ship To tab for shipments. It is not shown on the Pickup From tab or on the Ship To tab for international shipments.
- Select the down arrow in the Country box, and select a Ship To country for the profile. Your choice will display as the default in the Country box on the Ship To tab in the Shipping window.
- Select the service for the profile from the UPS Service drop-down list. Depending on the Ship To country, your choice will display as the default in the UPS Service box on the Service tab in the Shipping window.
- Select a Package Type from the drop-down list. The packaging type will display as the default in the Package Type box in the Shipping Window.
- Select the down arrow in the Tab Order box, and select the preferred tabbing order for the profile. If you want to add or modify a tab order, select the ellipsis (...) next to the Tab Order drop-down list to launch the Tab Editor.
- Select the down arrow in the Required Field Set box, and select the preferred required field set for the profile. If you want to add or modify a required field set, select the ellipsis (...) next to the Required Fields drop-down list to launch the Required Fields Editor. The Required Field Set Editor window displays.
- Selecting the Custom Label button allows you to associate a Shipment Label Header or Custom Label to the profile.
On the right side of the Profile Editor window, select the preferred values for:
- All of the fields shown on the Service, Options, Detail and Reference tabs will display as the defaults in the corresponding fields in the Shipping window when selected for the profile. Subsequent windows may also display for you to enter more preferred values depending on your choices (such as Quantum View Notify® on the options tab).
- All the fields shown in the Customs Documentation window are shown on the Invoice, EEI, CO, and NAFTA subtabs. Your choices will display as the default in the corresponding fields on the Customs Documentation window.
- Select the Save Profile or F10 button to save the Profile. WorldShip validates the new profile information. If the validation is successful, the information is saved. If the validation is not successful, WorldShip displays a message showing which entry you must change.
- Select Exit Profile Editor to return to the main shipping window.
- No fields are required for a profile. The fields in blue are required only when the profile is used for shipping.
- The Multi-piece Shipment button on the Home tab remains active in the Profile Editor window.
- The Shipment Navigation Bar remains active in the Profile Editor window, and you can create multi-piece shipment information for a profile.