With UPS Delivery InterceptSM, you can maintain control of your shipments as they move through the UPS network. This service for shippers allows you to request the intercept of shipments prior to delivery, providing greater flexibility in managing your shipping needs.
You can request that UPS perform one of the following actions: return to sender, deliver to another address, reschedule delivery, or will call. A fee is assessed for all types of requests except for will call, and you will only be charged if your intercept request is completed.
To intercept a package from your shipping history, follow these steps:
- In the Previous Shipments section of the View History or Void Shipment page, you will see a summary of your recent shipments.
If your shipment includes one package: Select the checkbox next to the shipment you want to intercept, then select Request Intercept.
If your shipment includes multiple packages: Select the checkbox next to the shipment you want to intercept, then select Request Intercept. On the Select Packages for Intercept page, select the checkbox next to each package you want to intercept, then select Next.
- On the Packages Eligible for Intercept page, select the radio button next to the type of intercept you want to request for your package(s).
Note: The intercept request type you choose will be applied to all selected packages.
- Review or modify your package selection.
Note: Packages selected on the Select Packages for Intercept page will be pre-checked. Some packages may not be eligible for intercept; if so, the reason is displayed.
- When complete, select Next.
- Regardless of your intercept type selection, UPS requires additional information to complete the request. Complete the required fields, indicated with a symbol.
- Select Submit. A confirmation page is displayed.
Note: This request does not guarantee that the intercept will occur. You will only be charged if the intercept occurs.
- On the Confirmation page, select the Request Intercept for Remaining Packages link if you want to request a different intercept type for the remaining packages in your shipment.