The Authorize Shipment Release feature may be available when
- UPS delivers to an area that requires a signature for every package delivered
- A Delivery Confirmation Signature Required is requested by the shipper
If neither of these two scenarios applies to your package, you will not have the option to select Authorize Shipment Release
Note: Authorize Shipment Release will not be available if you have used Leave At instructions to request a package be left with an individual, for example a concierge or office manager.
As a UPS My Choice® member, if you live in an area where UPS requires a signature for package delivery, you can change your preferences to Authorize Shipment Release for your UPS home deliveries. To request an authorized shipment release for your deliveries
- Log on to ups.com
- Select Access UPS My Choice under the Tracking tab
- Select the My Settings link
- Select the Authorize Shipment Release* option on the Delivery Options page
- Select Save Changes
This request applies to all UPS home deliveries except those sent Delivery Confirmation Signature Required.
Note: The Authorize Shipment Release option will not be available from the UPS My Choice Preferences page if you live in an area where a driver typically releases your packages without a signature. Additionally, certain delivery change options may not be available due to the nature of the package and at the request of the shipper.
For Delivery Confirmation Signature Required deliveries, UPS My Choice Members can request an Authorize Shipment Release on a package by package basis.
To request an authorized shipment release for a Delivery Confirmation Signature Required delivery
- Track your package from the Tracking page or the UPS My Choice Delivery Planner
- Select Provide Delivery Instructions on the Tracking Detail page, or select Add under the Provide Delivery Instructions column on the Delivery Planner
- Request an Authorize Shipment Release* for your package
*Note: You may be asked to verify your membership information when using this option for the first time. You will not need to verify again unless your address information changes.