- Select the checkbox next to "Notify me when files are posted to UPS.com" if you want to receive e-mail notifications when file updates are ready for download. Files are posted to the download site up to hourly. Depending on your shipping activity, you may receive an e-mail notification each hour, 24 hours a day, except on Saturdays from 11:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time due to system maintenance.
- Enter an e-mail address where you would like your notifications sent. This e-mail address can be different from the one in your profile.
- Choose the format in which you would like to receive your files:
- Flat files are text files from which all word processing, structure or markup characters have been removed. They generally take up less space than formatted files and can be used for Oracle®, SQL, or other database applications. For help with using flat files, download the Flat File Guide, available on the Quantum View Inbound and Quantum View Outbound downloads page.
- CSV files contain table data assembled in lines of plain text with the values from each cell separated by a comma and each row represented with a new line. A CSV file can be imported easily into Microsoft Access and Excel.
- XML (Extensible Markup Language) is a flexible way to format information so it can be shared on the Web or Intranets. With XML, you can create standard ways to describe content, so information is shared consistently. XML uses the tags only to delimit pieces of data, and leaves the interpretation of the data completely to the application that reads it. XML appeals to users that have the need to download files to their individual desktop computers or to their local area network for use in Microsoft Excel, Access, Oracle, SQL, or other database applications.