The Locator Application Programming Interface (API) provides a convenient and flexible way to search for UPS shipping locations based on type and available services. This API also works with your UPS-compatible shipping system to produce your shipment's label.
If you don't need all the bells and whistles of the Locator API, you can install our Locator plug-in tool. The plug-in will give your customers the ability to search and select from UPS shipping locations on your e-commerce site.
With the Locator API and plug-in, you'll be able to find locations such as:
- The UPS Store® locations
- Mail Boxes Etc. locations
- UPS Access Point™ locations
- UPS Customer Centers
- UPS Drop Boxes
- UPS Express
- Staples® and Office Depot®
- UPS Authorized Shipping Outlets
- UPS Authorized Service Providers
- Location types vary from country to country.
- You can combine the Locator API with mapping software (either freeware or purchased from a vendor) to provide driving directions for your customers.
- This API requires XML/Web Services programmers to code and integrate. We provide a developer guide that explains how to integrate and code UPS functionality into your existing business applications or e-commerce website.