Reducing Our Carbon Footprint--and Yours
At UPS, we make a daily effort to work more efficiently and more sustainably. We're responsible for conserving the resources we depend on to operate our facilities and fleets. Our imprint is large, but we strive to minimize it in any way we can.
If you're ready to get serious about reducing the environmental impact of doing business, work with us to develop a more eco-friendly and efficient supply chain.
Technology and Logistics Expertise to Maximize Effectiveness and Minimize Impact
We use telematics--data-driven innovation--to reduce idling time and make our routing more efficient. That means we're using less fuel, and driving fewer miles. We're maximizing the number of pickups and deliveries we make with every gallon of fuel we use.
When you ship with us, you can be confident that we'll use the most energy- and cost-efficient means available to meet your business needs. We map out the delivery plan so our drivers get the most done in the least amount of time and calculate the most efficient route so that we aren't wasting resources.
We have one of the largest and most diverse alternative fuel and advanced technology fleets in the industry. Each of the vehicles in our fleet is maintained so that they stay in prime condition, minimizing their environmental impact.
On a larger scale, our integrated service network--express, ground, domestic, international, commercial, and residential--allows for better mode optimization because we can shift transportation services and speeds to fit individual needs. That means we can adjust to your needs quickly, giving you speed when it's an urgent delivery, and savings when timing isn't as critical.
Our entire global network is designed and managed with the same philosophy. Our sorting facilities and transport hubs are strategically placed and connected by road, rail, and air to major population centers. This gives you faster turnaround times, which increases your productivity and keeps your customers satisfied.
Sustainability Makes You More Competitive and Efficient
- By participating in our Eco Responsible Packaging Program, you're showing your customers your committment to sustainable shipping solutions. Once you've met the program standards, you can display our logo on your packages.
- Use one envelope for two shipments with our reusable envelopes. Cut down on waste and give customers a convenient option for fast return shipments.
- With UPS Smart Pickup®, we only come to your business when you have a package to ship, saving fuel and reducing carbon emissions.
- Offset the climate impact of your shipping and reduce your carbon footprint with our carbon neutral shipping option.
Executive Order 13514
Partnering with us means working with an industry leader that can help you
comply with Executive Order 13514 and lower your Scope 3 emissions.
- Network efficiency--more than 240 million miles logged in alternative
fuel/advanced technology vehicles
- Measurement--verified third-party analysis of your shipping carbon footprint
- Mitigation--options to offset the climate impact of your shipping, including
neutral shipping and paperless billing
- Transparency--inclusion of our Scope 3 emissions in reporting and
calculations for your shipping
- Accountability--U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Climate Leadership
Award Winner for Supply Chain Leadership