Humanitarian and Disaster Relief
We're Here to Help
When a humanitarian crisis erupts or a natural disaster strikes, many agencies and affiliated organizations kick operations into overdrive. Food, medicine, water, clothing, and shelter supplies are needed quickly to prevent worsening conditions for the affected population.
Coordination must be like clockwork, with shipments delivered safely, securely, and on time. You need an expert to focus on shipping and distribution, so you can focus on the aid. Our experts are ready to help.
Proven Experience, Innovation, and Commitment
From the Midwest to the Middle East, Africa to Japan, we use our logistics
expertise--and sometimes our volunteer base--to anticipate possible problems and
customize the perfect solution.
Logistics Emergency Team (LETs)
We've collaborated with the World Food Programme (WFP) to create Logistics Emergency Teams (LETs). This cross-company partnership relies on employee volunteers with warehousing, transport, and logistics expertise.
Based all around the world, these teams are deployed within 48 hours of a humanitarian crisis.
Logistics Action Teams (LATs)
Similarly, we've partnered with the American Red Cross to establish LATs in eight states. These teams are comprised solely of employee volunteers who work with non-governmental organizations (NGOs), FEMA, and state governments to mobilize hurricane and tornado relief more efficiently. Efforts include:
- Distribution of clean-up supplies
- Pickup and delivery of meals to feeding sites
- Transportation of shipments from warehouses to service delivery sites
- Consultation on warehouse design to optimize space and improve distribution
The UPS Foundation
Good corporate citizenship has been a part of our culture for more than 60 years. In addition to support for the LET and LAT programs, The UPS Foundation also provides funding and in-kind services to:
- Empower local business units to engage relief organizations
- Contribute thought leadership in humanitarian logistics
- Provide first-responder personnel to rebuild the supply chain
- Partner with leading relief organizations worldwide