Damaged customer shipments resulting from inadequate packaging can have a significant impact to your bottom line. Vendor or manufacturer packaging designed for palletized shipments may not be adequate for individual shipments. You could end up having to over-pack or double-box to avoid expensive damage and customer returns.
We've developed the Vendor Packaging Compliance Program (VPC) to ensure suppliers provide adequate packaging. This partnership program works with vendors and manufacturers to get changes made-upstream, at the point of manufacturing.
Making improvements in your vendor's packaging means that:
- Packaging meets industry-accepted performance requirements
- Expense of over-packaging and double-boxing is eliminated
- Picking, packing, and shipping processes are streamlined
The Vendor Packaging Program includes:
- Discounted testing rates from the UPS Package Design and Test Lab for all your vendors
- Package Testing Routing Letter to inform vendors and suppliers of the pre-shipment testing requirements
- Customized Package Test Agreement Form and option to further customize with your company logo
- Submission of passed UPS Package Design and Test Lab reports to International Safe Transit Association (ISTA)