Your supply chain is critical to your overall business strategy and can influence a significant percentage of operating results. Supply chain optimization can help define, recommend, and set flexible supply chain strategies based on your organization's operations, resources, and other capabilities. Our strategic planning process enables you to test strategies or perform sensitivity analyses prior to implementation.
Looking at Your Logistics
We use a combination of business analysis and advanced modeling tools to align a company's supply chain infrastructure, processes, and policies with its service level requirements to help improve profitability and customer satisfaction.
We analyze all logistics components including inbound and outbound transportation, facility location, product sourcing, facility sizing, and inventory to determine your current cost structure and develop alternatives to improve service and minimize cost.
Then we evaluate trade-offs between fixed and variable facility costs, transportation costs, and inventory costs to determine the optimum distribution network.
We use a ten step process to analyze and design a unique solution.
- Define project scope
- Gather detailed data set
- Establish design assumptions
- Baseline existing supply chain network
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Develop scenarios
- Run scenarios
- Rationalize the scenarios
- Compare scenarios to each other and the baseline
- Develop recommendations, present conclusions
Imagine what a five, 10, or even 15% reduction in your supply chain costs could
mean to your bottom line. And you could gain competitive advantage by having a
more efficient, flexible and responsive supply chain.
- Improved assignment of customers to servicing distribution centers with
optimum mode/service use
- Optimized inventory levels throughout your supply chain
- Mapped supply chain through data collection and validation process, question and answer sessions, baseline flow maps and tables, and baseline costs by type
- Customer "test drive" scenarios prior to significant capital