|This online guide was developed to assist in the compliant preparation of hazmat / dangerous goods shipments for the UPS parcel system. As new regulations emerge, UPS will evaluate the impact on our hazmat service offering, and will post updates to this online guide. Visit this site routinely, as well as the D.O.T. website, to obtain current information that may affect the tendering of hazmat shipments to UPS.
This guide is meant to accomplish the following:
Refer to the content in the UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials for the information you will need to properly prepare your shipment for transportation within the UPS system. It is the shipper's responsibility to know the regulations, and to properly classify, package, label and mark shipments tendered into transportation.
- This online UPS Guide for Shipping Ground and Air Hazardous Materials replaces previously printed publications
- Inform you of chemical additions, deletions, and changes in classification
- Allow you to download the entire hazardous materials chemical table
- Present information regarding UPS's contract-only hazardous materials service
- Provide the latest updates required of all shippers who send hazardous materials through UPS
- Provide information about UPS hazardous materials requirements for shippers, auditors, and UPS personnel
- Provide an information source for UPS-approved third-party vendors
If you have any questions about shipping hazardous materials with UPS, please call the UPS Hazardous Materials Support Center at 1-800-554-9964.