If your customers want flexibility and control when shipping their online purchases, your e-commerce site needs the Rating Application Programming Interface (API). This powerful API lets online shoppers compare, rate, and select shipping services that best fit their needs and budgets. For example, your customers can choose express services when they need their packages right away and standard services when they have more time for delivery.
The Rating API is available in XML format. This API gives you greater flexibility by allowing you to format the rates and services data to suit your website or application's design and layout.
Here's What It Does
For single packages shipped from over 40 countries, the Rating API identifies all the available UPS domestic and international services and displays shipping rates based on the package's specifications. It can be used to dynamically generate a list of shipping services tailored for your customers' shipments.
You can also use the Rating API to create easy-to-understand menus from which your online customers can select the best shipping method. So give your customers a wider range of service levels and rates by adding the Rating API to your site.
With the Rating API, You Can:
- Generate specific shipping charges for each of your customer's product purchases.
- Generate specific shipping charges for each shipping option available to customers.
- Create attractive pull-down menus your online customers can use to make their shipping choices.
Your Customers Can:
- Find accurate service and rate information from UPS on your website.
- Compare total shipping and handling charges for different UPS service levels.
- Save money by choosing the best shipping option for their needs every time.
- Learn when their packages will arrive and how much shipping will cost.
The API requires XML/Web Services programmers to code and integrate. UPS provides a developer kit which includes a developer guide that explains how to integrate and code UPS functionality into your existing business applications or e-commerce website.