Mexico City, November 21, 2013
UPS®(NYSE: UPS) has announced the opening of ten new UPS Express® centers, located in strategic zones of Mexico including Monterrey, Tijuana, Chihuahua, Veracruz, León and Distrito Federal. With the opening of these new centers, UPS will increase its presence among Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and the retail sector.
The new UPS Express centers are designed to provide customers a faster, more customized self-service process for both international and domestic shipments. These UPS Express centers are part of UPS's ongoing commitment to serve Mexico and support the country's growth.
"UPS's goal is to reach SMEs by providing consulting, solutions and a broad portfolio of national and international services that will help their growth. Together, these 10 Express centers: 5 in the north region, 4 in the central zone and 1 south, will help our customers better connect to the world economy through the UPS global network," said Milton Magos, Commercial Director, UPS Mexico.
The new centers will offer a variety of services created to meet customers' needs for expertise and ease of shipping. Every location will have multiple service desks to help speed up processes and reduce waiting times. Furthermore, a designated area has been created exclusively to provide technology resources and assistance for customers, to process their shipments, request pick-ups, and track their packages in real time.
The new UPS Express centers will include domestic and international shipping services as well as a wide portfolio of technology solutions and logistics. Additionally, customers will benefit from uninterrupted service on weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. This will offer greater flexibility to those who need to pick up or send packages during specific times of the day.
In the event that a customer is unable to directly ship their merchandise, UPS Express centers will provide pick-up services within a distance of 1 kilometer (0.62 miles). With a simple phone call, UPS will assist its customers by picking up their merchandise for on-site for shipment.
"UPS has the infrastructure required to connect customers and companies with the rest of Mexico and the world," added Magos. "The goal of our expansion plan is to strengthen UPS's presence in key cities by providing our wide portfolio of solutions and opening access points that are located close to SMEs and the general public."
The new service centers are located at:
- UPS Express División: Av. División del Norte esquina lateral Río Churubusco Col. Portales. Delegación Benito Juárez
- UPS Express Universidad: Circuito Interior (Bicentenario) tramo Rio Churubusco cruce con Eje 3 Poniente Av. Coyoacán y Av. Universidad. Col. Del Valle, Pueblo Xoco. Delegaciones: Coyoacán y Benito Juárez
- UPS Express Anzures: Calzada Melchor Ocampo #395 esquina Victor Hugo, Colonia Anzures, Delegación Miguel Hidalgo, México, Distrito Federal. CP 11590
- UPS Express Veracruz: Plaza Vela, Adolfo Ruiz Cortines, local 106, esquina Barco Viejo, Colonia Villas Mocambo, Boca del Rio, Veracruz, CP 94298
- UPS Express León: Adolfo López Mateos #2217 Local 3 entre Alud y Agua Azul. Col Jardines del Moral, F.P. 37160, León, Guanajuato.
- UPS Express Centrito Valle: Moctezuma, Colonia Del Valle, San Pedro Garza Garcia, Nuevo León, México, C.P. 66220
- UPS Express Plaza Jardín: Plaza Jardín, Avenida Revolución #1000 Local 1A, Colonia Jardines del Contry, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, C.P. 64860
- UPS Express Universidad: Carretera Nacional México-Laredo #915 Local 7, Zona Centro, San Nicolás de los Garza, Nuevo León, C.P. 66400
- UPS Express Campanario: Plaza Campanario, Avenida Mirador #4915 Manzana 11 Local 3, esquina Avenida Rio de Janeiro, Colonia Residencial Campestre II, Chihuahua, Chihuahua, México, C.P. 31213
- UPS Express Zona Río: Boulevard Paseo de los Héroes #1031, Local 107, Zona Urbana Rio Tijuana, Tijuana, Baja California Norte, México, C.P. 22226
UPS (NYSE:UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions for the transportation of packages and freight, including innovative delivery options for the global consumer market; the facilitation of international trade, and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. The company can be found on the Web at ups.com® and its corporate blog can be found at blog.ups.com. To get UPS news direct, visit pressroom.ups.com/RSS.