Shipment movement information is captured each time a tracking label is scanned in the UPS delivery system. Common scans include the following:
- Billing Information Received: UPS has received the electronic transmission of shipment details from the shipper. This does not necessarily mean that UPS has taken possession of the shipment.
- Order Processed; In Transit to UPS: The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.
- Origin: The shipment has been scanned at the origin UPS location.
- Departure: The shipment has left its last recorded location and is on its way to the next UPS facility.
- Arrival: The shipment has arrived at an intermediate sort facility or the destination facility.
- Out for Delivery: The shipment has reached the facility that is responsible for the delivery of the shipment; this is a shipment's last stop before delivery.
- Delivery: The shipment has been delivered; the date and time of delivery is recorded.
- Exception: Any unplanned event that may occur in the shipment delivery lifecycle will be noted and explained.