This page displays when you select Add Return Options (at the bottom of the Create a Return page) or when you are returning more than one package.
Follow these steps when you want to Add Return Options:
- Confirm, enter, or update the Return From address, which displays information entered on the Create a Return page (e.g., the original recipient address).
- Confirm the Return To information, which displays information entered on the Create a Return page (e.g., the name and address of the shipper or an authorized service centre). To make changes, select Edit.
- To perform Detailed Address Validation, in which the address is verified or suggested alternatives displayed, select the checkbox.
- Confirm or select the Return Service you want to use from the drop-down list. Then confirm or select the UPS shipping service from the Service drop-down list.
Note: In some countries, multi-piece return shipments are allowed. In those countries, a drop-down list appears on the page, allowing the sender to select up to 20 packages for the return shipment. Multi-piece returns are not allowed in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- You also have the option to enter an e-mail address to send an Electronic Return Label (ERL) and memo to the appropriate recipient (e.g., the person most likely to handle returns). If the ERL cannot be delivered, a notice will be sent to the e-mail address you enter.
- You can also select E-mail Return Notification. When the return package enters the UPS system, an e-mail notice will be sent to the recipients you've indicated.
- For each package, select the type of packaging from the drop-down list and enter Weight. Confirm, write over, or enter a Merchandise Description using specific language, such as annual reports for documents or 9mm steel screws for non-documents. Avoid general terms such as documents, printed material, and samples. If needed, enter a Declared Value.
- Reference Number 1 displays your default preference, or you can fill in the field, at your option. The reference number on this page helps you and your company track your return shipment using a purchase order number, invoice number, department number, or any value (combination of words and numbers) your company requires for its internal accounting. On this page you can also enter the dimensions of your own packaging and indicate whether the package is oversize or requires additional handling. Check or uncheck whether Reference Number 1 should be encoded on the shipping label.
- Confirm the UPS Account Number for this shipment, which displays as your default payment method. To use a different account number, select from the drop-down list. You must select whether to bill your UPS account number or a third party. To add a UPS Account Number to your list, select Use Another UPS Account. When billing a third party, you must enter the third party's UPS Account Number. Third party, third country returns may require a contract.
Note: A payment card (for example a debit or credit card) cannot be accepted as a payment method for Returns Services.