Opening a UPS account online is easy. To open an account, you will be asked to provide information that will help us better tailor an account type to meet your needs.
1. Tell Us Your Shipping and Account Needs
We will ask you to provide some information about your shipping requirements so we can identify an account type that matches your needs.
2. Verify Your Pickup Information
- Address Information: Verify information about your Ship/Pickup From Location address. If edits are required, select the Edit link, and update any required fields.
- Pickup Information: Review the available pickup options, and select the one that best fits your needs. If you require a scheduled pickup option, such as Daily Pickup, you will be asked to specify your pickup requirements. Some pickup options are available in the United States only (i.e. Daily On-Route Pickup, Day-Specific Pickup, or UPS Smart Pickup®).
3. Additional Considerations
- To open an additional UPS account for business purposes with a weekly billing payment plan, you must have a recent invoice for an existing, weekly billing account.
- To open an account with a payment card plan, you must provide your personal/residential address (even for business accounts) for security/fraud prevention.
- Please ensure that your My UPS profile is up-to-date since your confirmation e-mail and PDF Invoice will be sent to that e-mail address.
- You will be asked to provide a pickup address, billing address, and payment card address (if you choose the payment card plan).
After your account registration has been completed, you can begin shipping immediately. However, your pickup schedule will begin based on your selection. If you need immediate pickup, you can request a UPS On-Call Pickup (where available) or you can drop off your shipment at the nearest UPS location. To get started, select the Open a UPS Account link below.
Back to Top