UPS: Mexico Addendum to Privacy Notice
To the extent that Mexican privacy laws or regulations apply, the following additional Mexico-specific provisions apply and shall prevail over conflicting provisions in the Privacy Notice.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use your personal information for the following primary purposes, which are directly linked to the services you request from UPS and your legal relationship with UPS.
- Pick up, deliver and track shipments.
- Provide products and services you request (such as logistics, supply chain management, customs clearance and brokerage services and financial services).
- Process and collect payments.
- Provide customer support and respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments.
- Establish and manage your UPS account (including your online account on UPS.com and its various features, such as the address book and the UPS Billing Centre).
- Send information to your contacts if you ask us to do so.
- Performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities.
- Process claims we receive in connection with our services.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
In addition, we may use your personal information for the other purposes listed in the ‘How We Use the Information We Obtain’ section of the Privacy Notice, which may be considered secondary purposes under Mexican law.
We do not use or share personal payment or financial information except in connection with the processing of payments or where there is another legal basis.
You may withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information by contacting us as indicated in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section of the Privacy Notice. If you withdraw your consent for us to process your personal information for one of the primary purposes indicated above, then in some situations we may not be able to provide the service, though we may still engage in certain processing authorized by law.
Information We Share
We may share your personal information as provided in the Privacy Notice, but, to the extent permitted by law, you may withdraw your consent to this sharing by contacting us as indicated in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section of the Privacy Notice or by using the following Privacy Preference Centre and Unsubscribe to Email.
Requests for Access, Correction, Cancellation, Objection or Consent Withdrawal
In addition to any rights granted in the Privacy Notice, you may ask us to cancel your personal information to the extent permitted by law by contacting us as indicated in the ‘How to Contact Us’ section of the Privacy Notice. Following a valid cancellation request, we may hold the personal data for the duration and purposes permitted by law before deleting it.
We will answer your requests to access, correct or cancel your personal information or to object or withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information within 20 business days from the date we receive your complete request or as provided by law. To be considered complete, your request must include your full name and contact address, a copy of your ID and a clear and detailed description of your request.