If you use UPS Worldwide Express Freight™ and Air Freight to ship pallets, follow these guidelines to ensure its safe and on time arrival.
- Quality pallets are typically made of wood or plastic. Select one sturdy enough to support your shipment.
- Use boxes or cartons of sufficient strength. Stack them in columns on the pallet.
- Secure all boxes to the pallet with stretch wrap (minimum 60 gauge).
- For international shipments, individual items weighing over 68 Kilograms (150 pounds) should be secured to the pallet with either steel or poly strapping.
- Label each pallet in your shipment with complete address information ( include postal codes) and phone numbers for the shipper and consignee.
- For UPS Worldwide Express Freight, the maximum size for export shipments varies based on the destination country. For international shipments, the maximum weight of a pallet varies by origin and/or destination. Prior approval is required for shipments weighing over 1,995 Kilograms (4,400 pounds).