|There are new enhancements to the UPS Developer Kit APIs, Developer Resource Center, and the new UPS Developer Kit Community for January 2013. The enhancements include the following:
- System Status Page: A new "System Status" page is now available at the UPS Developer Kit Community. Developers who register can then subscribe to the System Status Page for proactive email alerts. Email alerts will be sent when there are changes to the system status, including system maintenance. The email will direct them to the System Status Page for details of the change.
- Paperless Document API: There is a new Paperless Document API that is used with the Shipping API package for International Forms capabilities. The documentation and sample code can be found within the Shipping Zip file under the Shipping link at the UPS Developer Kit.
- Resources: A new "UPS Developer Kit User Guide" and "UPS Developer Kit Quick Reference Guide" are available for download at the UPS Developer Resource Center. These include instructions on how to gain access to documentation, test/production development environments, and technical support.
For the following enhancements, please refer to the respective API Developer Guide for more details:
- UPS WorldWide Express FreightSM is now supported by the following APIs: Shipping, Rating, Tracking, Time in Transit, Address Validation, and Pickup;
- Dimensional weight enhancements for the Shipping and Rating APIs;
- UPS Freight® Guaranteed A.M. affects the Tracking API as well as the Ground Freight Shipping and Rating APIs;
- Expanded UPS Worldwide Expedited® destinations for Europe and North America that will affect the Rating, Shipping, and Time in Transit APIs;
- UPS Smart Pickup® Enhancements for Pickup API; and
- International Rate and Zone enhancements will impact the Rating, Shipping, and Time in Transit APIs.
- LTL Freight Rating and Shipping APIs now include "Days In Transit" tags that provide days to delivery, a new feature for these APIs. The days in transit does not include a delivery date nor time. Customers will have to include any calculations necessary to account for UPS holidays, weekends, and service levels.
|There are new enhancements to the UPS Developer Kit APIs and the Developer Resource Center for July 2012. The enhancements include the following:
- New Air Freight support for shipping and rating using the Gemini APIs
- Expanding the Rating, Shipping, Time in Transit, and Tracking APIs to 14 Americas countries
Improved email Technical Support hours for 1st Level Email Tech Support
- Bahamas, Bermuda, Bolivia, Cayman Islands, Columbia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, U.S. Virgin Islands, Venezuela
Escalation Tech Support--If you receive an email that your case log has been escalated the following hours apply
- 1st Level email Tech Support hours of operation: 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday and 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST Saturday and Sunday
- 1st Level email Tech Support email response time is planned to be within four business hours of the initial request
- Business hours are defined as hours of operation of the Tech Support desks when service technicians are working
- 1st Level email Tech Support is not available on UPS Holidays
- Escalation Tech Support hours of operation: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST Monday through Friday
- Escalation Support desk response time is planned to be within 24 hours during normal hours of operation
- Escalation Tech Support is closed weekends and on UPS Holidays.
For more details, download and review the latest updated Developer Guides.
|There are new enhancements to the UPS Developer Kit APIs and the Developer Resource Center for January 2012. The enhancements include the following:
For more details please download and review the latest updated Developer Guides.
- UPS Developer Kit Community - Access API support materials and share best practices and programming tips.
- Two New Programming Languages Supported - UPS Developer Kit APIs now support PERL and PHP.
|There are a number of enhancements for the UPS Developer Kit APIs for July 2011. The enhancements include the following new capabilities:
- Promotional Discounts (New Web Service for Rating and Shipping APIs Small Package) - Promotional Discounts are a new rate type and will return a new 'RateType' element along with the existing rate element within new versions of the Web Service Shipping and Rating API responses. Older Web Service and XML versions of the Shipping and Rating APIs will not provide the 'RateType' element within the response. Promotional discounts are targeted to more infrequent shippers who currently do not have a negotiated rate with UPS.
- International Rate, Zone, and Services Updates (Rating and Shipping APIs Small Package) - Rate, zone, and service changes for International include the following updates:
Paperless Invoice Enhancements (Shipping API Small Package) - Paperless Invoice Contract Services will now include NAFTA Certificate of Origin (NAFTA/CO) for International small package. In addition, there is a new 'override' indicator that will remove a commercial invoice or NAFTA/CO from a shipment request.
Carbon neutral for Returns Flexible Access Service (Shipping API Small Package) - UPS Returns Flexible Access will now have an available carbon neutral feature for the Shipping API and will be available for Returns Flexible Access shipments within the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Changes to the UPS Developer Kit Production Access Request Forms for Ground Freight (Shipping, Rating, and Pickup APIs for Ground Freight) - Changes have been made to the UPS Developer Kit Ground Freight Product Access Request that now require the proper rate, bill of lading, or pickup request information to be submitted within the new form prior to granting access. This will minimize confusion for the customer and streamline the Ground Freight processing of requests.
Drop-off Location Visibility for Authorized Shipping Outlets (ASOs) (Tracking and UPS Signature Tracking APIs) - Packages such as Returns that are dropped off will now be identified with new scan types and descriptions of 'drop off' so customers can verify visibility of their returns or dropped off packages.
Mail Innovations Visibility (Tracking and UPS Signature Tracking APIs) - The Tracking and UPS Signature Tracking APIs have been enhanced to now show Mail Innovations tracking numbers and will support reference number tracking. A new indicator has been created to complete reference number tracking for Mail Innovations shipments within the U.S.
- Currency changes:
- Estonia from Kroon to Euros
- Camaroon from Franc to US Dollars
- Ghana from Pesewas to Ghana Cedi
- New WorldWide Express Plus service
- WorldWide Express destinations will be expanded
- Expansion of 10/25kg boxes to new destinations in Japan