To use the S4M Thermal Printer with WorldShip®, the printer driver must be installed and configured.
Note: If you are using a USB port, the printer should be powered on and plugged into the PC so that Windows can automatically install the UPS WorldShip printer driver for the S4M printer.
If you are using a Serial (COM port) or Parallel (LPT port) connection, please follow the instructions below on Adding a Windows Printer.
Install the printer driver through Windows ADD PRINTERS:
If Zebra is not visible on the Install the Printer Driver window:
- Select Start, and then Devices and Printers.
- Double click on the Add Printer icon to launch the Printer Wizard.
- Select the option that describes the attached printer. Then select Next and follow the prompts.
- On the Install the Printer Driver window, select Zebra and then select the printer model on the right (select the most recent version), then follow the prompts.
- Select Have Disk and then open the Browse window.
- Look for the directory where WorldShip printer drivers are installed (usually UPS/WSTD/FOSS/Drivers/Eltron/ZBRN), select either the 32-bit or 64-bit folder, and then select the ZBRN.inf file.
- Select Open On Install From Disk, and select OK.
- Highlight the printer (S4M).
- Select Next and then follow the rest of the prompts.
Once the printer driver is installed, re-start WorldShip.
To select the printer:
- Go to Tools, System Preferences Editor, Printing Setup tab, enter a Printer ID, and select Add.
- Select the Change Label Printer button.
- Highlight the Zebra S4M printer.
- Choose the Select button.
- When you return to the Label Printer Setup screen, check the Generic Thermal Printer box.
- Choose the Label Stock Dimensions.
- Select the Apply button.