Shipment movement information is captured each time a tracking label is scanned in the UPS delivery system.
If your shipment is expected to be in transit for more than a day between tracking scans, we will display the day and date of the Next Expected Tracking Event in the Shipment Progress area. This message does not mean that your shipment is behind schedule or stopped moving; it simply means that the tracking label might not be scanned for a while. We display the Next Expected Tracking Event so you can rest assured that your shipment is still moving even though no new tracking scans may appear for a while.
Common scans include the following:
- Order Processed; Ready for UPS: UPS has received the electronic transmission of the shipment details and billing information for this shipment from the sender. Once the shipment is moving within the UPS network, the tracking status will be updated.
- Order Processed; In Transit to UPS: The shipment has been processed by the sender. Once the shipment is within the UPS network, an expected delivery date will be made available.
- Dropped off at a UPS Retail Location: This scan is an electronic record indicating the shipment is now in the possession of a UPS Retail Location. Once the shipment is moving within our network, we will provide a scheduled delivery date.
- Dropped off at The UPS Store®: This scan is an electronic record indicating the shipment is now in the possession of The UPS Store. Once the shipment is moving within our network, we will provide a scheduled delivery date.
- Origin: The shipment has been scanned at the origin UPS location.
- Departure: The shipment has left its present location and is on its way toward the destination address.
- Arrival: The shipment has arrived at an intermediate sort facility or the destination facility.
- On Vehicle for Delivery: The shipment has reached the local UPS facility responsible for delivery and has been dispatched to a UPS driver.
- Delivered: The shipment has been delivered. The date and time of delivery is recorded.
- Exception: If the shipment cannot be delivered or is delayed, the reason is noted in the Shipment Progress section on the Tracking Detail page.