|With UPS Delivery InterceptSM, you can maintain control of your shipments as they move through the UPS network. This service for shippers allows you to request the intercept of shipments prior to delivery, providing greater flexibility in managing your shipping needs.
You can request that UPS perform one of the following actions: return to sender, deliver to another address, reschedule delivery, or will call. A fee is assessed for all types of requests except for will call, and you will only be charged if your intercept request is completed.
Eligible Quantum View® users can request UPS Delivery Intercept through Quantum View Manage by following these steps:
- From the Shipment Details page for Outbound or Alternate Billing Views, select Request Delivery Intercept.
- From the Packages Eligible for Intercept page, select the package(s) you would like to intercept, and then select Next.
- Select the type of intercept you want to request for your package(s).
Note: The intercept request type you choose will be applied to all selected packages.
- Review or modify your package selection.
Note: Some packages may not be eligible for intercept; if so, the reason is displayed.
- When satisfied, select Next.
- Regardless of your intercept type selection, UPS requires additional information to complete the request. Complete the required fields, indicated with a symbol.
- Select Submit. A confirmation page will be displayed indicating that the intercept request has been accepted.
Note: This request does not guarantee that the intercept will occur. You will only be charged if the intercept occurs. Also, status of the Delivery Intercept requested may take several hours to display within Quantum View Manage.
- On the Confirmation page, select the Request Intercept for Remaining Packages link if you want to request a different intercept type for the remaining packages in your shipment.