When you start WorldShip
for the first time, you will see the Communications Setup window. Select at
least one connection method and provide any necessary information to complete
the connection setup:
- A direct connection to the Internet that does not require dialing, such as
Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Digital Subscriber Line
(DSL), or cable. Since Direct Access generally offers the fastest connection,
UPS recommends this method.
- If you select Direct Access, you may need to identify the proxy server with
the URL address, port, and authorisation information. If a proxy server is used,
you must also use specific browser settings.
Dial-Up Connection: A dial-up connection to the Internet
through your existing Internet Service Provider (ISP). If you choose this
option, select your existing ISP from the phone book list.
- From the Tools tab select More Tools.
- Select Communications Setup.
- In the Communications Setup window, make the necessary changes and select
- Configure making changes as needed. Select Finish to save
your new configuration.
You should reconfigure communications
when any of the following situations occur:
- Direct access to the Internet becomes available.
- You see a message that one of your phone numbers is no longer valid.
- You change Dial-up Connection or you change your modem.
- You change proxy server settings for Direct Access.
- You want to select a new phone number.
- You want to add or remove a connection method.