Logistics Puts the World Within Reach
Building and operating fully compliant healthcare warehousing and distribution space can be a drain on your resources. Location, staff, and equipment limitations can impact your ability to respond to changing market conditions and opportunities.
Capitalise on Our Investment in Healthcare Warehousing
UPS owns and operates a growing network of healthcare facilities configured to help you meet stringent and often complex regulatory requirements for healthcare products. We can handle the specialised storage and distribution needs of biologics and temperature-sensitive healthcare products, while helping you efficiently serve an increasingly global customer base. And you can leverage the flexibility of shared space and trained staff to enable a more agile supply chain.
UPS Facility Fast Facts:
- 37 dedicated UPS healthcare facilities around the world
- Nearly 6 million square feet of dedicated healthcare distribution space globally
- 21 CFR Part 11 validated Warehouse Management Systems
- Quality assurance systems that adhere to FDA, CFR, and pharmacy regulations
- Validated temperature-controlled storage and freezer capabilities
- Controlled substance storage, including DEA-approved vaults and cages
- Dry ice replenishment and refrigeration services
- PDMA (Prescription Drug Marketing Act) and cGMP (current Good Manufacturing Practice) compliant distribution space with temperature and humidity-controlled environments
- Facilities maintain appropriate geographic specific regulatory requirements, including FDA (Food and Drug Administration), DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), Health Canada, EMA (European Medicines Agency), HSA (Health Sciences Agency), and VAWD (Verified Accredited Wholesale Distributor), and all applicable government accreditations and licenses
- Rigorous UPS training and auditing programs to meet our commitment: It's a Patient, Not a Package®