A Commercial Invoice is used for all shipments containing physical goods (non-documents). The invoice is the primary document used for importation control, valuation and duty determination. This document identifies the products being shipped, and to whom.
Depending on how you arrived at this screen, some information may be pre-populated, while other information needs to be added by you. You will need to complete all required fields, marked with a diamond.
You must have at least one product in your shipment, and no more than 50.
- If you have items in a saved Product List, you can select individual items in this shipment using the checkbox next to the Product Name.
- You can make changes to a product by selecting edit at the end of the product line.
- Or, you can select Add Product at the bottom of the product table to add new products to this shipment.
Shipment data includes shipper and recipient tax IDs, purchase order numbers and other relevant information. Complete these fields as needed.
- If there is a default statement available, this will be displayed under Declaration Statement. You can use the default statement as-is, or select Edit to make changes.
- If there is not a default statement, you can select Add Statement to create a new one.
Commercial Invoice Logo
The option to add a logo to an invoice is only available for paper-based shipments. You will not see this section if you are making a paperless shipment. A logo is not required.
- If you do not have a saved logo, select Add logo to upload a new image.
- If a logo exists, you can select or deselect the Use saved logo checkbox as needed. You can also update the logo by selecting Edit logo and uploading a new image.
Once you have completed all required and desired optional information:
- Select Next to continue to the next step in the process.
- Select Back to return to the Enter Product Information screen, or Cancel to discard any changes.
- You can also select Save your forms and finish them later if you're not ready to complete the shipment.